The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my kids has a small lump under her chin at the top of her throat. Should I be worried?? She isn’t even a day old yet. (She was born yesterday evening )

·
8,071 Posts
Do you mean in her throat area? Does she eat ok? The first thing that comes to mind may be a small goiter- which is an iodine deficiency- but if you feed kelp or anything like that, that would be doubtful.. You could paint her under tail area with iodine (On the skin under the tail its self, not the genital area). If it absorbs in, keep painting daily until it doesn't absorb.

Can you take a photo of the lump? Another possibility is hormones- the lymph nodes and everything may have birth hormones that will subside in a few days. As long as she is eating, gaining weight, active and pooping and peeing, she is probably fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she acting perfectly normal: eating well, pooping, peeing, active...
I do feed her mom kelp everyday so I’m sure she is getting iodine through the milk.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is only Venus’s, the mama, second time kidding and she wasn’t a heavy producer in her first kidding but she is producing a lot now. I will post a picture when I get a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts