The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about my friends nj dwarf doe that had a small lump under. her chin she took it to the vet this was last month the doe was three mos the little lump had already burst the vet said the fluid in the lump was not the color or type like cl and the goat was only three. mos so he figures she had poked her self with something but my friend has two questions. is cl lumps the only lumps that looses hair and if this hard lump is from being. poked. by something when will it go away it is staying the same size but is still there. after a month

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If it's staying the same size and hasn't gone anywhere, my guess is milk goiter. milk goiter will go away a little while after the goat is weaned.

goats can get regular abscesses that behave the same as CL abscesses. They get huge, they lose hair and get soft, then they burst. CL abscessare rare in goats under a year and super rare under 6 months.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
Agree. Really any abscess can lose hair. You said it burst already. Was there any treatment done? It could be abscessing again if the problem wasn't removed (like flushing the open abscess and getting a thorn out).

·
14,615 Posts
Im with Karen on this.
Anytime there is an abcess caused by puncture wound it needs to heal from the inside out or it can scab over & build up again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts