small pinkish bubble at vulva opening

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Graffogefarms, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    Well, went in to check Honey last night and she was laying down, chewing, etc, and as normal checked everywhere, I thought she wouldnt kid last night - ( I was right) but I saw a pinkish bubbly at the vulva - would have almost thought it was the bag, the side of the vulva was hard, like something was there. I stayed in the shed for over an hour, and nothing happened, and have checked every half hour since. The little bubble went back in - honey keeps looking at me with a grin it seems, because I can actualy see her mouth go up a bit in the corners and all her teeth! Her due date is down as the 3rd March, which would put day 145 Thursday. She is not a first kidder, just first kidder with me, and the other times she had kidded in fields, She is not showing any discomfort, just I am concerned about the bubble. Its 7.30 am getting the 2 legged kids ready for school and she hasnt kidded, though I have been up all night checking!

2. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    sounds like a small prolapse and it should be fine and not cause her any problems. Likley the kids were in a postion that caused pressure.

3. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    I've been up all night and she is now discharging bloody mucous all morning- Im getting concerned, 1 in the afternoon now, I have to get my daughter and son from school at 1.30, since my daughter has speech 2.15 -3.15, then I have to rush home - 20 minute drive, and my other daughter and son get out at 4pm - two different towns, son has agreed to take the bus home anyway, Im going to basically gone now for two hours - nobody to check on her. Couldnt be placenta previa or anything like that? Yep Im nervous!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Usually goaties don't deliver the placenta before the kids, and she does sound to have a small vaginal prolapse going on, it should go away when she stands. Seeing as how she is very close to the 145 mark she very well could deliver bfore then, no worries she'll be fine. Have you checked her ligaments? On either side of her tail bone they feel like pencils but when she's ready it'll feel like mush, the mucous you are seeing, is it streaming yet or just there? I would watch for her to start pushing, you'll know when she does and if she seems to be consistently pushing and theres no progress like you don't see a birth bubble, then contact someone here or call a vet if you are not comfortable going into her. Don't panic just yet though she sounds like she's just getting ready. You will definately know when she's in full labor. With the small prolapse its very likely that she has a few kids in there too, so you can expect more than one...I hope!! :p