Snickers is in labor!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by TexasRanger, Jul 20, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    She has lost ligs and has the "white string", plus dilation. Someone find me prozac! Wheres the running like a chicken with it's head cut off smiley?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    haha

just relax all will be fine. Breath in - breath out

:)

3. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    This is her second time, her first was super easy. I'm breathing, it's just that me and her have a special bond. When she was born the first thing she did was come and nurse on my pants. :love:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe.... ...to nurse on your pants and try to claim you as momma ....Aww...too cute.... :love:

Happy and Healthy kidding ...she does sound close..... :hug:

5. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Happy Kidding to you!!!

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Babies yet??? Is she still moving them down or is she nearing the pushing phase???? Can't wait to see what she has. :)

7. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm not sure, she is still moving around, nibbling on things, etc. She does seem "wider" down there and lost the plug about 6 hours ago. I don't know much about labor. :oops: I know what to do when the babies come though. :greengrin:

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Do you know how to feel for her ligs.... :wink: :hug:

9. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww Congrats! Very exciting! I hope things are progressing, and going smoothly! I can't wait to her about her kids, and see some pics!

10. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Yes, keep us posted! I get as excited for other new babies as much as my own! Can't wait for pictures.

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  12. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Not yet. She lost the plug 2 days ago. I'm also not that good at reading pregnant goat body language yet. :oops: One minute she'll act like she's in labor, the next she's back to normal. She is one of the does that will be completely normal at 5pm but by ten have twins. Her ligaments are still there, sorry I looked at a diagram and was feeling the wrong thing. :sigh:

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she still has ligs... then she isn't quite there....keep checking them....on and off .....as soon as they are gone.... it won't be long after..... :thumb:

Also ...you say she acts like she is in labor at times.... is she trying to push or just looks uncomfortable.....

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hope she has something for you soon. I've had does that start thinning out a while before they decide to finally kid-i'm sure they do it just to drive us nuts since they know we are waiting for them to have babies ;-).

15. jberter

jberter New Member

got babys yet??? :whatgoat: Hope all goes well for you & Snickers girl.. :pray:

16. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    She looks uncomfortable at times, that's mainly what I'm seeing. I read somewhere that a goat could loose the plug eight days before the baby comes, is that true?

17. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Could be :) My two does seemed to be losing their plug for weeks. Then one doe had the stringy stuff the morning she kidded. My other doe had NO discharge whatsoever the day she discharged. Didn't even know she was in true labor, but knew it was close because she lost her ligs/udder was filling.
    I put her in her stall with a fan <hot day>, checked on her all the time, then decided to go take an hour nap. Came back outside and she was already pushing!

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sounds normal..... and yes... they can lose the plug even earlier than that to..... :wink: :hug: