The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 45 pound doe has a crusty snotty nose. I have Nuflor. Is this the right antibiotic and if so how much do I give. I kind of hear it in her chest. May need the Vet instead of me.

·
14,615 Posts
Nuflor would be good for that.
It is 2cc per 100 lb IM once daily for seven days.
Hope she clears up soon!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Check her temperature first, I wouldn't give antibiotics until you are sure there's a problem as it will build resistance. If she has a temp, treat. If she's acting off (doesn't want feed, standing by herself, just not acting right) treat. That's just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok Thanks everyone....I am still new to all this and since Im going to the Vet anyway in the morning I will get him to look at her

·
14,615 Posts
Snotty nose in & of itself is no huge concern unless it's green.
Pnuemonia does not always present a temp.
ThreeHavens pointed out a good sign too, if she is off feed etc.
You said she has rattly chest?

·
Super Moderator
58,925 Posts
My goats had pneumonia without a temp. So I would check with the vet before doing anything. My vet was the one who verified it was pneumonia and put them on Nuflor.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I missed the end where you said you heard her raspy. I would be concerned if she sounds raspy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to see the Vet, she is good giving her Nuflor. Trying to find a good wormer that works good around here. He said she had alot of parasites. We had just wormed her with cydectin but it isnt working for us. He gave us Panacur, so hoping this will work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for the Nuflor? 3cc's per 100lbs until she gets better. I gave her 1 1/2 cc's. The panacur he said 2 1/2 cc's per 50lbs for 5 days

1 - 11 of 11 Posts