The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have twin bucks that are 1 week old. Last night they had snotty noses. I figured it was just from being out playing but this morning they still had snotty noses and they are stalled at night. When I pick them up they don't rattle of anything and they are playing and bouncing around but I just don't want them to get sick real fast.

Any suggestions? Should I just leave them alone or what?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Our weather has been the same and we have runny noses here too. Just clear tho. I think its just from the cold. When people go out in the cold, they start sniffling a little too. Im pretty sure its nothing.

CJ

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just get some Vet Rx and Cough Free and keep it on hand... these are natural remedies; they don't sound 'really' sick, so they don't need any meds, I don't think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have lots of snotty noses and a little coughing too. Been giving Vet RX and that seemed to help some. So afraid the Moms will give it to the babies. I had some separated as soon as I noticed, but others got it anyway. Poor Belle has it reall bad. I gave her a shot of LA200, Vet Rx, and a shot of Banamine. She just looks so miserable. I even take them warm molasses water. It seems as if it is everywhere. My friend in the next county said she has 18 of hers all snotted up. I am sure it is this weather change. Is there any thing else we can do? Mary

·
Registered
36 Posts
It sounds alot like what our kids get in the fall, when the weather changes. vet-rx works great to keep the nostrils clear. Clean the nose and apply every few hours. If they run a fever I use Bio-Mycin which is like LA200 but it does not sting. I also give Banamine paste for discomfort. The older goats don't seem to be bothered by the change

·
Registered
28 Posts
All of my adult goats have had it. Bello, my buck had it really bad. He just stood there, head down, with snot streaming down, eyes closed and shivering. It wasnt that cold. The Vet rx, LA200, and Banamine worked great. One hour later, he was back to his old self, eating flirting with the Does. Two of the new babies have slight snotty noses, but they are still jumping about. It just has to run its course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts