Snow anyone?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Feb 4, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Friday night into Saturday :snowman: we are suppose to get lots of snow - like 12+ inches :snowcool:

Anyone else getting snow this weekend? whats the predicted totals?

:snowbounce: :snow: :snowlaugh:

Oh I must say that I am NOT happy about this

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    no snow forecasted for us!
    temps are great, around 5-10F , interior Alaska is at -33F now (glad I'm near the water!!)

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yep, anywhere from 3-6 inches.....but at least not 12! Sooooo sick of winter!

4. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    I so wish this wasn't the case, but as of now we are also slated to have 12-18+ inches in Virginia. The article I read last night put our area in the worst category . . . potentially paralyzing. So I'm off to the store, hopefully early enough to beat the crowds of panicked people.

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    We are supposed to get a little bit...no where near 12" though. I wish we were getting that much snow...might keep the ski resorts open a couple weeks longer!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Here they are predicting anywhere from 3-6 inches, big range and I'm not even sure if the weather people even know for sure how much this storm will bring. Good thing I'll be home tomorrow before it starts...bad thing is that I have to be at work by 5:30 Saturday morning and the township doesn't plow before 7 so DH will be taking me to work. I won't attempt to drive in it if I don't have to.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    They say we will be getting about 4-6 inches. They said this morning to be ready for a bad drive Monday morning.

8. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Just read to plan on not traveling in Va, central & southern Pa, the Delmarva and much of NJ. That's for Friday afternoon into Saturday. It says totals may come close to the December storm we had. I bet the goats will just love this as much as we do :(. Be safe!

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hope my boss heard that! Because if not I have to open

actually I plan on telling my manager that I am not coming in if the weather is bad, back in December when I attempted I was to scared on the roads (people coming straight at me in the middle of the road) I called her from the road crying.

So yah if the snow totals are more then a couple inches we better be closed!

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    We are not getting the storm on the eastern seaboard, it will be blocked by high pressure, keeping it south of Maine.

11. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Pshew- I saw this thread and was like Huh what....snow.....how did I miss this?
    Checked the weather and sure enough no snow in the forecast here......so that explains it!

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you two are very lucky

but actually it has been more snow for the south this year -- crazy I know

usually the pocanos get more snow then we do but this winter we have always gotten the higher snow totals then the north west part of our area, even in the small snow falls

13. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I know- wierd!!
    My mom is in Lancaster PA and she got hit by that storm in December too- 21" I think?
    I dont remember snow like that there in over 10 years or so- I think 1998?

14. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    On the radio this morning 12-18". Or as a friend said this morning...it's a 12 loaf-er! (Number of loaves of bread people need to wait out the storm...cause you know everyone stocks up on bread and milk before it snows! :) )

15. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    My winter storm warning says 20-28 inches here in the Shenandoah Valley(they must have upped the totals-I'm starting to freak a little), VA-YUCK! I don't like snow any more!!!!

16. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    I just saw that, too, Hunter (the 20-28" update from NWS). Thank goodness I got more hay the other day and went to the store this a.m. Now cross your fingers we don't lose power if it's windy . . .

17. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    That would be so bad...and I just saw that there are supposedly going to be blizzard conditions-OY!

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

they are already calling a blizzard warning! :shocked:

Lord help!

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Our snow fall prediction went from 3-6 to 4-12.....still don't think these weather people know exactly what is going to fall.

I hope we don't lose power...I still keep a nite lite on for Princess Penelope!

20. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    You've got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: