Snow Cave!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Amos, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Over the past couple days my brother and I have been building a snow cave! Originally we have a small tunnel about 2 feet long leading to a large 'room' or as my brother calls it 'chamber' (reminds me too much of torture). The Room is about 4 1/2 by 6 feet, and probably about a foot and a half tall on the inside. But the other day with the snow blowing ALL day, the opening was covered, and the snowdrift had 'grown' another four feet outwards. We couldn't remember exactly where the opening was, and we had a shovel and sled leaning against the opening, which were also covered, but we didn't want to ruin the room or anything, so we carefully dug four feet until we found the original opening. The tunnel is now about six feet long, and we are planning on making the room much larger or atleast making another room. I'd better spot blabbing and get on to the pictures!

This is the cave/room from far away. It reminds me of a dugout or a rabbit hole.
    [​IMG]

Closer
    [​IMG]

Closer yet
    [​IMG]

Going in
    [​IMG]

Further
    [​IMG]

The Room
    [​IMG]

Looking out from the Room
    [​IMG]

Going out
    [​IMG]

The pictures aren't too good because my zoom and flash were all messed up, probably from the cold.
    I guess it might aseem kind of lame, but I'm kind of proud because its our best 'snow thing' so far, from all of our igloos, forts and tunnels. Yup.. lil kids in the snow! LOL.
    It does seem to get alot warmer and definently alot quieter in there though, and its not too small, so you don't get claustraphobic, well atleast I don't.

I made my mom go in it too, she loved it.

2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Wow thats awesome
    I would love that, if it wasnt too small :p
    I am a bit claustrophobic and i panic about not being able to breathe.. there enoguh air in there? xD
    Sound it taste/smell snowy? :ROFL:

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    We used to do that as children (in Iowa)! Great fun...but when my mother saw it she freaked out! That
    snow can fall on you and you can suffocate! So, be careful!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Those are wonderful pictures. They are great.
    We use to do that also as kids. We could entertain ourselves forever.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
  6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Awesome! I used to love doing that! When I was younger, my brother and I would build snow "forts" and have battles with frozen horse turds (gross, I know, lol!)...one time I hit him right in the side of the face and knew he'd be coming after me, so I ran toward the house...he chucked a horse turd at me, but missed and it went right through our porch window! My mom wasn't too happy with us... :ROFL:

7. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    That is great. What fun! My dog has been working on one of those tunnel/cave.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    Suellen
    [​IMG]

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    My cousin Shelley and I used to do that alot . . .brings back lots of memories.. . .thanks for sharing . . .

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL: That's awesome! I remember making one of those with my brother!