Snow for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by KW Farms, Nov 24, 2010.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Though I love the snow...it feels like it came a bit to soon for us. We haven't had snow for Thanksgiving in the longest time and after 5 inches last night it is negative digits here tonight and then they are calling for more snow on Friday. I don't think my poor goaties are to happy about it though. It was so pretty this morning...I went out and took some pics. Just thought i'd share. :snow:

"Kuzco" the llama...
    [​IMG]

Our goat pasture that just got replanted...thank goodness we got it planted in time!
    [​IMG]

Ebony and Sophie (her other horn should fall off soon since I banded them)
    [​IMG]

"AintShe" taking a stretch.
    [​IMG]

Part of the goat pen.
    [​IMG]

They love their hay.
    [​IMG]

Paris, Savannah, and Butterscotch trying their best to eat frozen apples.
    [​IMG]

Some of the girls eating their breakfast...
    [​IMG]

Prada...just peaking out... it's to cold to come out in the snow. :love:
    [​IMG]

And a few more of the girls out ready to eat their breakfast.
    [​IMG]

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WHY CANT I HAVE SNOW!!!!

Beautiful pics Kylee! I love Pradas face! Shes so adorable!

3. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Believe me...it gets old fast! I do love the snow, but it makes everything harder. It was snowing and the wind was blowing really hard, luckily the goats don't have much in their pen. That area didn't seem to get all that much, but in some spots around our house and in our hay fields and around there is up to a foot.

You are welcome to come visit and take some snow home with you if ya'd like. :)

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Ive never seen snow fall before, or really been around it like that. Just when we went on snow trips, I would LOVE to have snow here, just once!

I love how fuzzy your goats are! Mine are barely even like that lol. LOVE the pics, it just looks amazing there!

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    beautiful pictures!
    I wish we'd have more snow too, tied of ice and wind, but it's supposed to snow tomorrow! yipee :)

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can keep it all! After our last winter im good with never seeing snow again!!

Pretty pictures though :thumb:

7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

We got about around a foot of snow 2 nights ago..My hour drive home from work the other night was alright on the highways but my own 1/2 mile road hadn't been touched. So I hit the gas hard to get through the highway snowbank onto my road & my car literally turned into a snowplow--the snow was flying up from the tires onto my windshield & I could hardly see anything the whole way down. I had to stop & grab my son from the Resort & was almost stuck there..had to back up a few feet & hit the gas again. Then, the county plow truck still hadn't come when I had to go back to work yesterday & I barely made it up onto the highway. Thank goodness for all-wheel drive cars!
    Our poor lake only had about an inch of ice before we got the snow dumped on us so it may make for really crappy ice fishing & our car ice racing event this year.
    We are suppose to get another 9 inches of snow by tomorrow!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Beautiful...though cold... to go out in.......... :wink: :thumb:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have been listening to the weahter and they said your area was nailed with snow. Our Rockie Mountains is getting hammered right now. They have closed some roads to the ski areas and have told people not to plan on going to the mountains until Thanksgiving.

We should be getting some snow, but it is the bitter cold that we are going to get hit with. Like -5 tonight and in the single digets for the next couple days.

I do not mind the snow, it is the bitter cold and wind I HATE

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It was -7 this morning at 7 am so it must have been colder through the night. I feel bad for my goats, but especially my horses. They're out on a 20 acre pasture without a shelter. They do have some trees that shelter the wind and snow pretty well, but still. Luckily I have the rest of the week off so I can take care of all the animals constantly. I have a couple water valves that should never freeze and never have, but one of them did yesterday which is making watering a bit harder. We have a hot water valve at the house and i'm going to take a water truck out there with hot water for everyone tonight.

Anywho...I really hope it warms up a little soon!

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yep, saw pics of Seattle last night on the news.....my poor daughter just moved from there this summer to Texas and she misses WA sooooo much, her friends having been sending her pics and making her more homesick for WA.......she was so mad today as it was 85 degrees where she now lives in Texas...even though she was born and raised in Texas, she is not a fan. We are getting ice here in Northern Indiana tonight, which was not forcasted!

12. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh my gosh...85 degrees...that sounds so nice right now. It's funny cause I was excited to get snow here, but now I am wanting summer again. Hehe. I guess I can't make up my mind.