Snow in Spring's Udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by capriola-nd, Apr 7, 2010.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, I had my first "real" milking of the year today. :) I say it is the first "real" one since I have just been stripping Spring whenever I remember to (not as often as I should have :oops: :) )
    Separated her kids last night and this is her mammary system with about 11 hours of. I separated them at 7:30 and brought her out for milking/pics around 6:30 this of milk. She is very good on the stand which makes me sooo happy since she was AWFUL last year. Now she behaves herself.

Very happy with her udder but would like to see a little higher rear attachment and teats placed a little closer to the medial. What do you all think? I'll be getting more detailed photos later this week - these were taken with my mom's phone and are not the best. The color is strange looking. . .

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looks really nice to me :) I would be happy to have an udder like that on one of my does

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    its very nice.. i'd like a longer smoother fore, but it should come with milking

4. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
    Looks good to me but I don't know alot about udders and all that mammary stuff. :p

5. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    I would like to see before and after milking pictures if you can do that for me! I see lots of pictures of full udders but no after the milking is done. Thanks!

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yes, I can do that for you. Spring's mammary doesn't have the best texture, so when she is milked out it still looks like she has more in there (unless she is holding it back from me :p).

I'll try to remember to do that on Wednesday, when her kids leave and my sister brings the camera back then. ;)