Snow Storm!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatnutty, Mar 7, 2008.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    HOw has it affected you all?We are supposed to get 15 inches.All the schools let out early and we have a level 3 snow emergency.

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    We had one as well and we got about 3". We hardly ever get snow here. Kids were out 2 days this week due to snow....roads werent bad at all, but they closed anyway.

3. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    We got quite a bit of snow, around 9" or more, and we've been w/out eletricity since Thursday at 6:44pm, don't know when we'll get it back, but it's killing me, I had eggs in my incubator that were on day 19, thankfully I was able to move them to my dad's and they were only out for 2 hours, and today there are signs of life! I also already had chicks in a brooder that are staying w/ dad. My family has all found warm places to go, me, my three dogs, and one baby goat are camping out here at the office (I'm sure you were wondering how I had internet w/out eletricity, but it's not out here). I'm very thankful that not everyone is without it or I would have had to kiss my eggs and probably my chicks good bye, not sure how I'd have kept them warm, my mom and sister may lose their fish if they don't get it back soon!

All the other animals are comfortably bedded down and will be fine. So that is how it is affecting us!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I WISH we would get some snow. Up in the mountains they have been buried, they have in the souther Mountains of CO, they have measured 52FEET. A very good friend lives down there and she has had two barn roofs collapse from the weight.
    We have only had up to 4 inches, and it is gone. I would LOVE more so we have good and Green pastures.

5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    if you want more snow you can have some of mine. the said on the t.v. that waverly tn (thats where i am) got 13" it sure is about right when you go out in it. i had to do some shoveling but not alot. i just let the dogfs out first & they make a path for me :lol:

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Well it brought us a disaster.My boer weather that I just bought got locked out of the barn and had to come inside.He got snowed on. :cry: I think he might be sick.It's a long story but here we go:My pygmy weather doesn't like him and has horns.He used him horns to break the barn window and the doe shoved the baby out of the barn. :veryangry: I found him the next morning.

7. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    We're having nice sunny and warm weather here. I've even shed my coat a few times on my 3+ mile walks.