Snowy had major wetness this morning - is this normal?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by PattiXmas, Mar 9, 2010.

1. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Snowy isn't due until approximately 3/18 but when we checked her ligaments today, they seemed fairly loose. We can almost touch our fingers but I am not sure I am doing it right. She also has a clear discharge, not gushing, just dripping.

Do you think she's getting close? When you check for ligaments, I know it's near the tailhead, would this make her tail shoot up if I am in the correct spot? I've looked at the pictures and I think I'm getting the right spot. I know that a few days ago, you couldn't touch and her tail didn't really do anything.

Thanks for your help!

Snowy's hoo hoo (my daughter took the pic, my son refuses to take a pic of a hoo hoo)

[​IMG]

Daisy's hoo hoo (I'm not even sure if she is pregnant)

[​IMG]

2. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Re: Day 140 for Snowy...(Added pics)

Daisy -

[​IMG]

Snowy - her udder also seemed to get tighter against her body.

[​IMG]

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

Hi

the ling are right on either side of the tail, in Daisy's pic you got it, in Snowy's, you're too far up. :)

they both look pregnant

4. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

Snow's udder -

[​IMG]

better shot of hoo hoo

[​IMG]

I actually did check the same area on Snow for her ligaments as Daisy, there is just about nothing. I was just holding her to try and get pic:)

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

yep, she looks to be right on track, i'd say 147 ??

6. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

Really? It could be, the woman we took them to wasn't exactly sure.

Here's Daisy -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were both bred within a few days of each other by different bucks. Does it look like they are getting closer? The reason I ask is because we haven't moved into the house yet. Should we run home, get our dogs and sleeping gear and spend the night?

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

they dont look ready to kid tonight if thats what you are asking

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

Their udders aren't quite there yet, wait until they balloon and the teats stick outwards ( strutting) the ligs will be totally gone, and their behavior will be different

9. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

Thanks:). We had a plan of being in the house before March, but have had a few set backs. My son's girlfriend gave birth to our beautiful Isabella (3 months prematurely). My oldest son has a pyscho girlfriend who up and disappeared for a spell and then just did it again, but this time left the the 18 month old. Can you say drama?

So, I will tell hubby that he might actually be able to get the water on in the house as long as he hurries:).

10. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

We got out here nice and early this morning. No babies yet. Snowy does seem to be extremely mellow today. Very picky with her food which is not like her at all. She did eat some hay but wanted to be hand fed. My husband was petting her head and she had what was a few arches like maybe contractions. I wonder if we are getting closer or if I am reading things into it because I am so anxious....

11. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

I had my son check her when he came home from school. She is spending her time in a corner and he noticed she looks "spaced out" in her eyes, that there is a more dramatic angle in her back area near the tail and when we look at her rear legs and Daisy's rear legs, her legs are straighter.

I think we will spend the night out here just in case. This is her first time, as well as ours so I would rather be safe then sorry. We have the boy out bringing in a load of fire wood and when his sister gets out of school, we will head into get the pups and stuff. I'll get my camera and make sure to get better pics of her:).

12. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Re: Day 140 for Snowy...New pics added, please look at!

Ok, Snowy has been real weird today, so we are spending the night out here and will be here until the girls kid. My poor little bostons are all curled up on our "Goodwill" couch shivering. Oh well, they will get over it.

Here is Snowy from behind tonight. Her udder has definitely changed and her hind end is more angled down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: Day 140 for Snowy.-New pics - her udder seems to be bigger

looks like she's getting there ;)

14. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

We are sleeping out here tonight. I bet since we are staying, she won't be ready until next week.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She looks really close...but it is so hard to try and guess the "when" :wink:

She'll go when you are busy with something else, it's part of the Does Code of Honor

16. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

Oh I hope not. I read that code, it was super funny! The good thing is that Snowy doesn't have the bell, Daisy does. Maybe that is why Daisy has looked pregnant one day, then she wasn't - then she was....

17. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010

We checked on her all night. At around 7am, we checked and her tail and the straw was soaked. We keep checking, but nothing more. Is this normal??

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    maybe it is where she pee'd?

19. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Was it sticky? Was she laying down, when you checked?

20. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    It was sticky. She is up and moving around and eating a bit. She will lay down on her side, and then stretch all out - possibly contraction? She still has discharge, it's clear.