So. A thing happened....

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Sfgwife, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Her name is jade. A friend called and said welp... i might have a deal for you.... and i lost or won ever how you wanna look at it lol! Jade is a fb nubian but she will be amazing for my minis. :). Her dam had a WONDERFUL udder and milked a bit over a gallon a day, she has a beautiful short roman face and omg the high and roomy eustaction space on her! She comes from an old old line of noobs. She is super sweet and not a bit scared of her new peoples. I LOVE just everything about her! Even paul said she is beautiful... and he usually does not say a lot of look for the things that i want when we go but he has learned. He is just the driver on our excursions lol. We were talkin and laughin at her siren on the way home last night and i told him.... i dunno what to do with her. Why he says. I said she is amazing just how she came. She does not need mineral or a hoof trim or anything lol. So many people neglect those two things around here and every one we have gotten has needed those. But here she is and we need do nothin but feed and love her. :).

0618CEDE-1B91-4240-9D38-EC60C96D0DB8.jpeg C26AB638-5777-41B3-BC32-EFF7CF188218.jpeg 4CD77C0B-1F4A-47F5-A557-ADC792C03F1E.jpeg 5AE38975-9FAB-4CC8-9A11-76E8307F4286.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  2. NigerianNewbie

NigerianNewbie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    Jade is a gorgeous doe, no doubt about it. Am so pleased and just plain tickled pink for you over this new addition. That is fantastic she has been so well kept, kudos to her previous humans. Has she kidded before or will she be a first freshener?

Sfgwife likes this.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

What a pretty girl!

Sfgwife likes this.
  4. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    She. Is. FABULOUS!

Sfgwife likes this.
  5. Pretty girl!!

Sfgwife likes this.
  6. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

:coolmoves::inlove: Ikr?!?!!!

7. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

She will be a ff for us. :). The lady we got her from only lives fifteen miles down the road.... she said she is gonna come visit to choose which of the boys i put over her. Hahahhahaha! I said ok. ;). She been teasin bout comin out for the goodies that i make.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  8. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Thank you!

9. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
  10. BethJ

BethJ Well-Known Member

May 28, 2019
    North Carolina
    She's beautiful!

Sfgwife likes this.
  11. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
  12. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

She is pretty!
    Do you feel she doesn't need you, because she has been cared for so well? That's okay, we need you.:)

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  13. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Lol nah she needs us. It is just weird to get one and not need do stuff like that here. Our other does and bucks i have had look past the deficiencies at them to decide if i wanted bring them home and deal with the deficiencies or not. Jade... just is. People round here have the things i was lookin for but do not care for them the same way and pay attention to them needing the important things like copper, mineral and hoof trims. :/. I guess it suprises me that good known breeders that have nice herds but those things to them are just not important. Or they get lax in them. Or their herds are not a manageable size and some get neglected in that way. I dunno. It is just nice to bring one home and all we need do is feed, water and love on her and not do the “mean” things right off the bat kwim.

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    She's so pretty! Wow! Congratulations!
    So which boy is it going to be?

Iluvlilly! and Sfgwife like this.
  16. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Hahaha i dunno yet.

17. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Before anyone starts fussin at me not quarantinin jade for a month... i know i know. The lady daughter duo i got her from are crazy about takin care of their animals and i am in no way afraid she has anything at all. They even bathed her before she came. :).

So....Ugh! This meet and greet is not goin so well. :(. Jade has never been with horned goats and part of mine are. Gracie can just tuck her noggin a tinny bit and she is under jade. I have put the horned goats in the purgatory hot pen and jade, crickie and honey b in the reg pen. They are all in one big pen and can see each other. They ignore each other then.

Yesterday i locked up gracie and gardenia who are the naughty ones right now and left the wethers out. That was fine.

I think i am gonna pull gracie and gardenia and put them in the old pig lot that is away from everyone and see if maybe that changes their tudes. They cannot see the others there.

I am at a loss as to what else to do... anyone have anymore ideas? I have let everyone out when i am up there so i can watch closely and i know the two problem children. I have kept the problems on a leash even to see if that might help and newp. Jade will come to me and then everyone can sniff her and she sniffs them. I have went and sat many times a day and had everyone out. It does not last long.

Today i need go to town.... i think i may buy some tennis balls and put on gracie and gardenia just to see if maybe that helps before i put them in the old pig pen. That way at least jade cannot get hurt by the horns. And maybe it will make it a bit harder for gracie to get under her. Should i also tape a stick on gracie or would that just give more “weapon space” ya think? Gardenia just will not leave her alone mostly. Jade is happy bein low man on the totem pole and will go away from the meanies but they just keep chasin her. :(.

Crickie and honey b are in the same barn as jade but with a divider. They are fine together in and out of the barn.

I have already decided gardenia is goin in the freezer simply because she has decided to just be a turd to others. The guys have just not had time to do it for me yet.

So really my main focus is how to get gracie to leave her alone and realize that yes jade is a larger goat but she does not want to be anywhere near queen of the barns.

Sorry for the long ramblings.
    @ksalvagno @mariarose @Jessica84 @toth boer goats @SalteyLove @GoofyGoat yall gots any idears?

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  18. billiejw89

billiejw89 Well-Known Member

I love nubians! Pretty girl!

Sfgwife and Iluvlilly! like this.
  19. Chris488

Chris488 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Upstate NY
    I like Nubians, she's a good looking goat!

Sfgwife likes this.
  20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Horned and non horned sometimes don't mix well. Horned goats can cause major damage to goats without horns.
    If they are not getting along, you will have to separate and not have them together, I hate to say.
    Not seeing each other stops in between fence fighting issues, if that is the case.

With some, they may never stop being turds.

You can try the tennis balls, not sure if that will change much, but may be worth a try, I guess.

Taping a stick on gracie, not sure.

Sfgwife likes this.