So excited!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm fixing some fencing tomorrow and then I get to move my goats to a bigger area on Wednesday! They'll have access to fresh green and a nice big barn too. We're actually moving them to the same place that I keep my horse at but they will be kept seperated from all of the horses. Everyone will be so much happier! I'll get pictures of the place tomorrow so you can see. They will also have another area that we will fence in so that we can rotate them. Plus I get two more sheep! And I have PLENTY of room for a couple new goats as well. :greengrin: (he actually said I can have as many as I want, but I'll try VERY hard to limit myself. :wink: ) So I'm really excited, this should be the last time I move them until I get my own land! :clap:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Cool!!

and yes keep the goat limit to about 40-50 give or take :) :wink:

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    :ROFL: I was thinking more in the 8-10 limit on does. lol 1-2 bucks. And about 4 sheep.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    WoooHooo!! That's awesome! :cool:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great!! :cool: So...Nubians??

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yep Nubians. Although I'd love to get Nigie's too, but I'd be too afraid Orion (or any other Nubian buck I get) would get to any nigi does I had. I might get me a Nigi or Pygmy wether though. :wink:

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Wow, that's so cool Crissa!!! :cool:

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks Bethany! This means I have plenty of room for a doeling from you. :wink: lol

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    cool......... :thumbup: :greengrin:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats great Crissa

only question I have: is this the same place that the water was shut off at? because i would hate for you to need to move them suddenly again because of water issues

11. Great news! :thumbup: :clap:

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yes it is the same place but the water was never shut off. There is a very confusing way that you have to turn it on. It's well water. He showed me how to do it the other day. I felt quite dumb thinking he had turned the water off. :doh:

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Crissa, that is GREAT news....I hope the transition goes very well for you and your kids :hug:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats good news

Well I hope you can get your little herd growing soon with this and enjoy them all the more

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you both! I didn't even ask him if I could move the goats there, he heard that I needed a new place to put them from my dad (and my dad didn't ask either he just said it in passing, probably griping about me or something) and he came to me and announced that the goats were staying at his place. I was like :shocked: because he doesn't like goats, he loves my lamb though. Go figure. :roll:

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how nice -- well you can be thankful to your dad for that at least, even if it wasnt ment to be kind it certainly helped you

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
  18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well we got everyone successfully moved today! They were soooo happy! (well except for the new sheep, they were too busy glaring at me) :roll: Jumping around and playing, and of course eating the GREEN! lol Didn't get any pictures because it rained for a little while, too afraid to risk the camera. :wink: Chance said that he hated goats, but guess what? He's gonna get himself a doe to breed to Orion! Just a little grade doe, but hey I won't be picky! :greengrin:

19. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww! Congratulations Crissa! Yay! Lucky you! Hubby told me I could only have a few goats, and I have decided to just focus on Alpines. I wish I had a place I could have as many goats as I want! I hope I can move one day. If I could find someone to keep some of my does for me so I could keep more of them, that would be great too.

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks Dreamchaser. :hug: I hope someday you get a great place to live with plenty of land so that you can have more to love on. I'm quite lucky.

Here's some pictures of the area that they will be kept in after we finish that fencing, right now they are in his actual yard. hehe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll get pictures of the other areas later.