The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy is in heat again and I was hoping she was bred......I must have missed her last cycle I'm beginning to worry about not having spring kids....Please say a prayer I'm new to this and my buck is young.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
oh that is frustrating. I have heard that they can miss a cycle but cycle 6 weeks after breeding if it didn't take.

They also can cycle when bred. But lets just hope that he can get the job done this time around.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Some can miss a cycle, others you get them to early or two late in the cycle.
I assume you are taking to a breeders to be bred? I still have a certain number of does that have to be taken to a breeders and what I usually do is if they come into heat the night before, then I set up to take them the next afternoon. If they come in heat in the morning, then they get taken the next day. I do this to make sure they are far enough in the heat to make sure they are in that stronger part of the heat so they will accept the buck and be able to settle.
How old is your doe btw?

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I missed a doe being bred by like 1 day. I took her to the buck and she was just getting out of heat.
So I have to take her to another buck which happened to be a WAY better buck, so it worked out the best for me. Now she is big as a house and I am really looking forward to at least one beautiful doe from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts