So frustrated

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by morganslil1, Nov 19, 2007.

1. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Daisy is in heat again and I was hoping she was bred......I must have missed her last cycle I'm beginning to worry about not having spring kids....Please say a prayer I'm new to this and my buck is young.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh that is frustrating. I have heard that they can miss a cycle but cycle 6 weeks after breeding if it didn't take.

They also can cycle when bred. But lets just hope that he can get the job done this time around.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Some can miss a cycle, others you get them to early or two late in the cycle.
    I assume you are taking to a breeders to be bred? I still have a certain number of does that have to be taken to a breeders and what I usually do is if they come into heat the night before, then I set up to take them the next afternoon. If they come in heat in the morning, then they get taken the next day. I do this to make sure they are far enough in the heat to make sure they are in that stronger part of the heat so they will accept the buck and be able to settle.
    How old is your doe btw?

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'm running into breeding problems too. And I have some shows in early spring! Some of mine will kid within a week of out first show!

5. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I have her in with my buck shes 11 months old.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    If she is in with a buck you should have no problems getting her bred :)

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I missed a doe being bred by like 1 day. I took her to the buck and she was just getting out of heat.
    So I have to take her to another buck which happened to be a WAY better buck, so it worked out the best for me. Now she is big as a house and I am really looking forward to at least one beautiful doe from them.

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I know how that is. Lol. I'm getting frustrated with my boy. I am hoping he got them bred this time. Time will tell.