SO HAPPY!! Scary Story w/ a Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Sep 4, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We had a bad scare yesterday when I realized one of our younger goats was missing. His name is Chip and he is a really sweet buckling who will be going to his new home this weekend. He is just a doll and a favorite around here. Anyways, I searched through the entire 21 acres looking for him (or remains of him :sigh: ) and found absolutely nothing, not a thing. I had lost all hope and was so bummed the rest of the day and this morning. . . My grandpa thought of one last place he could be and I was very skeptical but decided to follow him and just see. Chip was snacking on the clover hay near where the cattle are kept and had fallen between the stack of bales and wall. When he heard us he started bleating and I rushed to get to him. My grandpa said he'd never seen so many bales of hay flying as I was trying to get to Chip! I almost started crying and had hay all over me but we got him! And he looks pretty good. He must have just eaten the hay around him but needed some water. He was stuck there all day yesterday, last night, and till about 9 this morning. I took him out and he immediately started walking away to find his herd-mates. Anyways, just had to share this scary story with a very happy ending!!

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Oh wow! What an ordeal! I am so glad you found him and he is okay :hug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That sure is something....how goats get into weird predicaments.....I am so happy... he is OK.... :greengrin:
    What kind was he eating?
    Just watch out.. for scouring... if he isn't use to it... :wink:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Clover. He has been snacking on it for some time, so his tummy is pretty well used to it but I am going to give him some probiotics in a bit.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That's good .. :thumbup: ..yes.. probiotics is a great idea.... :wink:

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm so glad you found him. Goats sure do know how to get stuck or lost. :hug:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Oh wow! That would be scary! I am so glad he was alright! By the way - he is a cutie. :)

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great that you didnt give up looking for him :cool:

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh man...what a little trouble maker! That's so lucky you found him when you did...just a day or two more and he could have been extremely dehydrated! Poor little dude!

10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Glad you found him! :clap: good thing you kept looking for him, and no hay bales fell on top of him!