So Happy with my buck!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Devin, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Devin

Devin New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    We had to move my older buck from the breeding pen into the buck pen with his 5 month old son. I was so concerned that he would start beating on the little boy, but he hasn't! He has actually proved very gentle with him! The kid had to deal with more crap from my ND wether than my adult 200 pound buck! WOW! They go out and graze together, lay down together, and the buck even plays gently with him, I am just stunned at how they have bonded, I expected to have to remove the kid from harms way, but my big fella is protecting him instead of the other way around. The only thing we have witnessed is him shoving the kid off of him when the little guy thought he could breed his daddy! LOL! You could practically see the buck rolling his eyes and shaking his head ROFL!

2. romanad

romanad New Member

Sep 22, 2012
    KY
    Wow, that is great! Sounds like a wonderful buck! I hope I can find one like that when I am ready for one :)

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad it worked out for you.

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Our boys love to cuddle with each other too. It's so cute how they are best pals. :)

5. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    My Aunt's bucks are the same way. She says she can stick little bucklings in there with no problems.

6. xiaojunznz1

xiaojunznz1 New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Deleted by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012