The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

15,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son sold his first homebred, fullblood buckling today. I feel so awful, I know he is going to miss him as he loved the little guy.

Gosh, making these decisions are so difficult. I feel so guilty! I honestly didn't want to sell him, wanted to see how he'd mature and breed him to a couple of bucks at the end of the year.
But, we just don't have a place to keep him where he'd be happy.

My son said he came in the house and shed a few tears, he couldn't watch his little guy go. :(:(:mecry::mecry:

I told him there will be more bucklings, and we'll plan to have their fullbloods kid early in the year so if there is a buckling to keep, then he can do so and use it for breeding. He needed a bigger, more mature buck to breed the does.

He did get a new buck for breeding today, so we'll see what happens. This buck seems to be very friendly, so I'm sure he'll 'grow' on my son :)

15,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww, that's sad. I couldn't stand seeing my two little wether kids drive off in the back of a truck crying... it about made me tear up. BUT, the boys can't be kept and there will always be more. Unfortunately every single animal we had born here (except for a rabbit) was a boy. So there was a lot of selling for meat.

Wouldn't that be a tad bit awkward for the little guy... :eek: :p
LOL!!! I won't even correct my typo, it's too funny LOL I was so exhausted when I was typing my last messages, I didn't even go back and read it!

My son seems to be ok now, whew. I think he really likes the new buck, he's a friendly guy and hopefully that won't change :)
We will be keeping 9 goats all together, so he'll have plenty to keep him busy, especially when kidding season comes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.