so help me out here! has she passed placenta??!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sdshoars, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    i am at work (UGH!) and dh doesn't see a placenta, and he thinks this is part of the umbilical cord hanging out... is he right? what do i do if she doesn't pass it soon? the nearest vet is 2 hours away and it's raining/snowing... oh please calm me down! he doesn't know how long ago she kidded, he went outside and she had one kid, and he was already mostly dry and cleaned off...

[​IMG]

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

thats the placenta coming out- it will pass on its own, that looks completely normal to me. :greengrin:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Looks like the placenta coming out, congrats on the kid :thumb:

4. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    ok, so i shouldn't be worried? this is my first time too, so i was kind of expecting something that looks like a human placenta? haha.

thanks guys! sometimes i just need to hear the voice of reason.

5. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Perfectly normal, now if later you go out and nothing is hanging or laying on the ground then she ate it, so don't freak out about it if you don't see anything later on at all.

Congrats on your kid too :thumb:

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Congrats on a good kidding. :thumb:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Some are very quick with dropping the afterbirth.... others take a little longer......she looks fine.....it is normal.....but... if she still has it...hanging .......long hours after......that's when the worry comes in.... You may see her squatting alot as if peeing....she is just trying to extract the placenta.....never pull on it ...to try to get it out..... :wink: congrats on the new baby... :love:

8. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    ok, everything's fine. dh just sent me a pic of the placenta, she passed it.

and i am so glad i had the common sense to tell him DO NOT pull on it. because he said he would have, lol.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is so wonderful ...that she passed it... :greengrin: ....and it is OK to worry.....your a new mama now..... :hug: ....I am so glad ...your DH was smart enough and didn't try to pull it out ....that would of been a bad thing... :sigh: