So....How does this doe look?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Dec 27, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Judge her for me please...I might be buying her!
    [​IMG]

NDGA Winnings: Reserve Grand Champion Sr. Dry Doe, 2x1st

2. TinyHoovesRanch

Heres another doe I may want.

[​IMG]

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I see the first one has wattles. Hehehe.

The first doe is really cute, I don't like her as well as the second though, but she does look young in that photo? Not as much length as the second doe, I might like to see her rump a tad smoother. I really like her head and neck. Something about her front legs I don't like very well though, could be the angle of the photo. Do you have a pedigree?

They both are really pretty. I love the second doe though. Looks like she has a pretty nice udder, lots of length, and dairy character. She might be a little loose in the shoulder, but that can be corrected through her kids. Can't really see her legs or hooves very well so not sure if she toes out or not. I'd say overall her conformation is pretty nice. I really like her. What's the pedigree on her?

Both would probably make great additions Laura, I think judging by the photos though, i'd go with the second doe. A big thing for me though is udder quality, pedigree, and production. Conformation can be tweaked, but a weak pedigree, udder, or production history is a bit harder to work with. Keep us posted!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

You werent supossed to see the wattles LOL
    Heres the first does pedigree
    SS: Simple Pleasures Cassava

Sire: Six Shooter's Loaded With Buckshot

SD: Delta Delight Divinity

DS: Twin Creeks Rebel W/O A Cause

Dam: Simple Pleasures Maui Zaui

DD: The Promises Dancing Lady

Second does
    SS: Twin Creeks WB Romeo Red

Sire: Copper Penny Remmington

SD: Ponders End DG Liath

DS: Twin Creeks WB Romeo Red

Dam: Copper Penny RR Rusty Halo

DD: Gay-Mor's Gnat's Winged Plover

First doe is only 3, second doe is 5

5. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I also like the second doe the best. Do you have any idea about the first doe's udder since that is a dry photo?

The second doe has more length of body than the first and is more level over her rump. She also looks to have a longer, more elegant neck. Also, you can actually see a filled udder on her and it looks pretty nice. I also like her pedigree better, but then I am partial to Gay-Mor.

6. TinyHoovesRanch

She doesnt have an udder pic, but I can ask her to explain how the udder looks to her.

I like the Copper Penny doe alot, but then I did like the first one, I can see she needs improvement, she has been shown though.

So out of them, the second is the best?

7. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Like the rump on the 2nd doe MUCH better, but that's just one of my many pet peeves (leveling out the rumps)...udder & teat size look good from what we can see in the pic...she's got overall beautiful body structure..long lean neck...looong body...nice legs although can't see the pasterns or hooves...also can 't see the brisket....
    My issue with the 2nd doe is that terrible elbow and shoulder assembly...is it possible to get additional photo's... I think maybe she is just setup a bit "off" and that it's not her true conformation. ???
    Overall I would pick doe #2 over doe #1, if I had to choose.

8. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Personally, yes, the second is best. But definitely wait for more opinions. There are many more experienced breeders on here than me who have been showing for years.

9. TinyHoovesRanch

Heres what she said about the udders

Ok well they both have big teats. Poetrys are a little smaller then
    shelbys. Shelby has more milk then poetry. I think poetry has a little
    better shaped udder.

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Looking at pedigree and conformation, I like the second one best for sure. Beautiful doe!

11. TinyHoovesRanch

Ok, I guess she said Poetry has the better udder, but she thinks that Shelby produces better kids.

Maybe bred the right buck she will produce really nice kids!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont know who Poetry or Shelby is - you didnt give their names with their pictures :shrug:

13. TinyHoovesRanch

Copper Penny Poetry in Motion

Six Shooters she'll be a shelby

Also remember that Chocolate doe I asked about a little while ago? Shes offering her to me for 75

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes but which name goes with which doe? you are explaining their udders per what the breeder said but you didnt say which name goes with which doe so we can figure out what the breeder thinks of each particular does' udder

15. TinyHoovesRanch

Shelby is the first doe, and Poetry is the second.

16. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    Get the second one!!

Now this is just my opinion, and opinions are like noses, everyone has them but some of them smell. LOL :ROFL:

I'm not even going to reccommend the first one based on the information you have to work with. The ONLY thing that I didn't like about the second one is that she is a tiny bit weak in the chine. And that could just be the way the picture was taken. NICE pedigree, she has lots of length throughout. Rump looks like it blends into the topline nicely. Nice refined head and neck. If your only thinking about buying one, the second one would probably be your best bet. Did she show you any pictures of daughters or sons? I know the first one has show wins but, remember there HAS to be a best in any show ring it depends on the competion they go up against. So if she was going up against some really nice does that would be diffrent.

Anyways not to be to harsh on the first doe but I want you to get the best. :hug:

17. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I even like the second one's name better......Poetry.... And I remember the chocolate doe. She was really good looking to me. Maybe you can come home with two. :)

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    first doe is weak in the front pasterns - at what age was that picture taken

if thats a young picture then get an updated picture of her (even a pasture/pen picture that shows her front legs).

19. TinyHoovesRanch

Seems like you guys really like the second one more!

Stacey, I believe the pic was taken at a year old, she doesnt have updated pics.

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Then I wouldn't buy the first doe - if she wants to sell her to you then you need to see her how she looks now. A yearling to 3 year old is a big differnece. Especially when as a yearling she is showing signs of weakness in her front legs