So how was your morning?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by grandmajo, Jun 9, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Well, my morning was pretty exciting. Get everything around to go out and do chores. Billy our new pygmy buckling likes to help with chores, so I'm filling the water buckets, and he's jumping around on me, and plop! into one of the buckets he goes. So we get him dried off, dump that bucket, wash it out and refill. I go to get Rythym out to milk, and Billy is excited, because she's his surrogate mommy, so I'm trying to get Rythym into the milkroom, and she won't go on the stand because Billy is already on it, going in circles, he's so excited. Put him outside the milkroom and shut the door until I can get the udder washed, and my side ready to milk while he eats on his side.

Get Rythym finished, and as I'm dipping her teats, she decides to kick, and of course I missed the deflecto-el-hoofo move, so I know have idodine teat dip all over my jeans. Nice.

Next 2 go smoothly, as does the rest of the chores, and up to the house to strain and chill the milk. Get to the back door, and, lovely, just lovely, it's locked!!! Go in thru the garage, and of course dear hubby has locked that too when he left for work. And of course the front door is locked as well. End up getting into the house by climbing in thru the slider on my front picture window (after checking to make sure no cars are coming down the road).

Go out to the garage to get the milk pail that's sitting on the freezer, strain it into an empty ice cream tub for later soap making. Go to put in freezer in our side by side fridge, and discover that something is blocking the shelf behind it. Pull it part way out to rearrange behind it, and loose my grip on the ice cream container, which of course falls upside down on the floor. Milk joins the iodine on my jeans, and evenly distributes itself along the shelves of the freshly cleaned freezer.

The only thing that I can say is, at least it wasn't raining out :GAAH:

So how was your morning?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That had to be the start of a wonderful day right?
    I really hope the rest of your day was smoother than your morning :hug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow.... :help: ....what a morning....you had................. :hug:

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    The protein from the ice cream wil probably help the iodine out of your jeans?
    But I feel for ya with the milk. That stuff goes everywhere! :hair:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Don't you just HATE those days???? AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair:

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Sounds like it's time to take a hot shower then get into bed and watch a good movie :)