The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather grew up in a rice paddy farm in rural China. He always lamented that I had city hands, and wanted me to work in the fields for a while to toughen them up.

Well, his wish came true since I got goats. My right index finger looks so rough...not enough pumicing can make it go away! and always stuff under my nails. soon they're going to look like man hands (I already have large hands...)

What can I do to make my hands look feminine again? I moisturize and rub on the stone and have nail brushes.

What do you all do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make a homemade scrub! You can use salt, sugar, ground coffee...any combo of them that you like. I prefer ground coffee (because it doesn't dissolve with the friction of rubbing), mix it with just enough oil (I use olive because it's always sitting on the kitchen counter) to make it a good consistency. I also use this as a face scrub, but I add cocoa powder and some honey in place of some of the olive oil.

Just scrub it on and try not to wipe all of the oil off once you rinse. It will soak in and help with dryness.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oohhh!!! those scrubs sounds scrumptious!!! bought some coconut oil today, so perfect time to try a scrub!!!

mmm.....cocoa powder. sounds good enough to eat!

thanks Mariah!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oooh. Coconut oil sounds awesome! I've got some in the fridge I need to use up before the move. Maybe I will make it into scrubby parting gifts. ;)

·
8,071 Posts
I guess I never thought much about my hands, until they crack and bleed all winter! I work on our farm and also in constuction,
so I have hard working hands, but not feminine at all! If they get too dry I use bag balm!

·
14,615 Posts
Twirl & Tweak that sounds divine!
Since I got tired of getting poked with alfalfa stems I always wear gloves.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
My grandfather grew up in a rice paddy farm in rural China. He always lamented that I had city hands, and wanted me to work in the fields for a while to toughen them up.

Well, his wish came true since I got goats. My right index finger looks so rough...not enough pumicing can make it go away! and always stuff under my nails. soon they're going to look like man hands (I already have large hands...)

What can I do to make my hands look feminine again? I moisturize and rub on the stone and have nail brushes.

What do you all do?
I alternate using coconut oil and our homemade salve. My sister makes it, so I can safely say it's Awesome! You can email us for pics and prices or to order if you like (no website yet, sorry)
We also sell goat milk soap, lip balms and a salt scrub.
We don't use artificial ingredients except for a few fragrance oils, which we are trying to fade out.
The skin salve is made with a base of olive oil and beeswax, with essential oils added to make it healing. We have several varieties, but they all have Australian Tea Tree oil in them regardless, because we have found ATT to be amazingly healing, and it has low scent, so it doesn't interfere with the other smells.
We keep our "Rosemary-Mint salve out in the goat barn, and use it for everything, but especially udder balm. :)
You could easily make your own, but here's our email if you're interested:
[email protected]
Though I guess shipping would be more to Barbados. :)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
What do you all do?
Nothing. I wear gloves when bucking bales, fixing fence, picking up concrete, etc, but there are a lot of things that gloves won't work for. There is not enough hand lotion in the world to fix my hands, and I can't stand oil or greasy-feeling stuff on them. Hopefully I will never have to put on a pair of pantyhose again, so I don't worry about it.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Sarah, but shipping would be expensive. But, if you're ever on island, feel free to bring some! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts