So I got somewhat of a baby fix, just wasent from my does

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sixshooterfarm, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this little guy was given to my son. He is 1/3 nigi 1/3 alpine 1/3 lamancha ... lol he sure is the cutest thing in the world, and very freindly, his pictures certainly dont do him justice, he is much cuter in person!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    He is VERY cute! Let your son know that this little man is always welcome at my home!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What a doll.
    Why is it that cameras NEVER shows just how adorable they really are? Maybe because we all would be missing babies. (everyone would be stealing everyone else's).

4. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Yes I do think that we would be stealing babies lol! I do have a question tho, I have never ever had a baby with such a poopy butt, he was born yesterday, has lost his meconium and has the milk poop, but man it is runny and it is every where!!! I have never had one do that before!! Usully it is in nice little firm poops but this is nasty runny, am I doing something wrong??

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Did he get his Colostrum? you have to remember that he will have the nasty poop for a few days. Their Rumen is not yet totally ready to handle the milk, so it takes time to get it all together.
    What are you feeding that cuttie pie?

6. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Yes he got his colostrum, and actually still is, moxed in with whole cows milk. I have done this for years and have never had a problem, I mean seriously I have never had that runny of poop before!!! NEVER! yuck! lol, I will give it a couple of days, if it is still like this should I give him anything?

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I have only ever had one bottle baby. Hers was nasty for a few days, then it cleared up. I personally do not like to give a baby anything for a few weeks, unless I have to to save it.
    I thought it was best to give them the Colostrum to them by itself, for the first 12 hours. OH, he might be older then that.
    I would watch him a few days. I am sure someone else has a lot more experience with bottle babies then I do.

8. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Oh yeah he got colostrum for the first....umn 15 hours old, he nursed off his mom for several hours with several bellys full of colostrum, and then we put him on the bottle. He fought me and fought me about the bottle lol, but finally at like 6 this morning he started to actually nurse, I was just sticking the bottle in his mouth squeezing th bottle and rubbing his throat, but now he actually nurses lol. Ok well I will just wait and see, I know he is fine but yuck! that is really nasty!

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    he is really cute.

THe runs maybe because of the cows milk - once he gets use to it then they should stop.

I also have had this when they are stressed from being changed to bottle from mom.

12. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    He is so cute!!!!! I love the faces on the mini babies-they almost look like they are pouting:). That is one thing i'll miss when I no longer have the mini goats. I almost think it might be a mini goat thing as I know some of my mini babies where stubborn about going on the bottle.