The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, always thought two would be enough but what is one more right....
anyways, this handsome boy i purchased this spring. he is big enough but is he willing....nope... nada... im hoping if i move him out of the kid pen and into the buck pen (he has a buck apron on) then he will want to romance a few does.
there is one doe in particular i had in mind before i brought him home. she is a lovely lady but she does have acceptable front legs and his dam and sire have some preety nice front legs. so plan was to breed her to him and keep a doeling and then sell the doe to a pet home or home milker. she gets around better then some of my does and doesnt even click when she walks and she holds her own even though she is only 50 pounds.
well, she was in heat a couple days ago and did manage to get out (so far i havent figured out where) and was found hanging by the two yearlings hoping for some attention. so figured cant get any better then this and brought out mister young guy. he finally did manage to smell her but was totally interested in the tree,grass, neighbor, me and anything else other then this lovely lady trying to get his attention. so im hoping maybe next month... ive always had bucklings wanting the ladies not long after they are born so this is so strange.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
540 Posts
He's handsome!! I'm hoping he will figure out how to do his job for you soon!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts