So I think Padme FINALY had a heat...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Kfin, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    but not sure lol. I did not notice anything unusual about her behavior with the other girls until last night and we where out side and she was acting really mean with the other girls, and she had a fit when I tried to touch her udder, and normally thats not a big deal for her and she will just let me no problems, but she was just being a pill last night. then I noticed she had a very small amount of white discharge, and this morning her tail was really messy, so I think that she had her first heat. But the discharge usually means she already had it and thats the end sign, right?

If she did have her heat, that would mean she will cycle the weekend after we get our new buck Gambler. :) that would be perfect.

But the other two girls still no sign of a heat with them. :hair:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    white color discharge tells you that.... they just went out of heat....count 18 to 21 days....and check her with a buck...... :wink: :thumb:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah usually means the last day of heat so if you buck is to arrive in 2-3 weeks you are spot on to get her when her next cycle is.

4. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Just curious, one of my does had white discharge the day before my buck arrived. She still stood for him. Do you think she took?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she stood for him then.... she may of been caught just in time.... test her 18 to 21 days later ......to see if ...she comes in again....it is a 50...50 chance... that she took or not..... white color means... they are at the end of a cycle and going out..... good luck.... :thumb: :hug:

6. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Its been a month since they bred and they share a fenceline. All of my does bred within a few days of each other with her being the first. They share a fenceline with the buck and there has been absolutely no interest by either her or the buck. In fact although he was in full rutt and very,very bucky when he arrived, in month since they were all bred he has settled down and this last week isn't even peeing on himself anymore

7. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    More great news, Posha now just had a heat cycle, so this is great she too will be in just after Gambler gets here.
    We get him next Saturday. Soooo excited. Can't wait. This is going to seem like the longest week of my life lol.