So, I'm thinking about possibly a mini-nubian

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Bebop, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Bebop

Bebop New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Baumholder, Germany
    I'm thinking of possibly getting one. I don't know too much about them though. Anyone care to talk me into one? :p

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I like them. They're just about the same as every other goat, individuals in personality and all. My friend's is quite lovely and gentle, while mine is super sweet but NOISY.

I like their size, a good medium.

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

A big nigi with floppy ears....what more could you want?? LOL

4. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

May 18, 2010
    Fairplay, MD
    I really like my mini's. You can get the colors of the ND with those big floppy ears, and more milk as well! They do tend to be a bit more vocal or maybe it is just that their "voices" are a bit louder and more nasaly like a nubian.

5. Bebop

Bebop New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Baumholder, Germany
    I didn't think about them being a bit bigger and more milk lol more milk and the cute floppy ears are definitely a plus!
    Now all I have to do is get the bucklings registered and sold so I can get one! :p

6. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I just got my first one this week. I'm head over heels in love with him. He's a very friendly and sturdy little guy.

7. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I use to raise them.Nice little things but yes noisy.I didn't have enough knowledge or time to breed up to get 3rd generations though :( Get one from someone that has registered if you can.Anyone can breed a nigi to a nubian but just someone that takes the time to carefully select and register is got to have some nice looking ones! Good luck!!

8. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I'm about to have my first first generation mini nubians, this wasn't actually my plan, I wanted to breed her to another nubian, but she had other plans. I have to admit, I'm kind of excited! I'm only expecting a single, hoping for a girl, but do have a possible home for it if it's a boy, either way it will be avaliable, I'm not ready to jump into a new breed right now.

9. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I have 2 mini-nub crosses...I completely love them...the ears look like airplanes...I have pics on here somewhere...not sure how to find them...