So sleepy....No kids.... Loud doe......

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by tracyqh, Feb 18, 2011.

1. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    I am the walking dead today. Pudding, who is due tomorrow kept screaming into the monitor last night. She has rubbed the hair off her forehead, paced the stall, and hoarse from yelling all night. Never tried to push, I just think the babies have dropped and she's being a diva. :greengrin: As long as I stayed in the barn with her she was quiet. If I left, the screaming begain. :hair: I'm soooooo tired right now and have a feeling this is the process until she kids. :coffee:

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Wow, hope she kids TODAY! I am really sympathetic, last night was my first night since last Saturday without the baby monitor. Dog barks carry for what sounds like miles on my monitor.

Jan

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is probably contracting... working on getting those babies... where they are suppose to be........ it sounds to be very soon....

Hopefully ...she will have them today ...so you can get :ZZZ: ..I know... it can be very stressful...and tiring.... hang in there... :hug:

4. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I'm so sorry... is there a place in the barn you can cat nap? Maybe she'd stay quiet then???
    Good luck and hope it's soon!

5. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    I camped out in a lawn chair for a bit, then had to leave for work. I'm waiting for my relief to get here so I can run home and check on her. I work at a equine breeding farm and we are ordering and shipping semen today and I cannot leave until I have backup!!!!

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I hope she goes soon so you can get some sleep! I know how demanding being on a horse farm can be!

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: :pray:

8. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Re: So sleepy....No kids.... Loud doe...... **IT'S A GIRL!

:kidred: She had the baby on my lunch hour!!! A perfect little doeling! YEA! :stars:

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww Congrats!!!!!! Perfect timing !!!! I can't wait to see pics!

10. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Here is a pic. I will get better ones. My phone was ready to die. She's a sweetie!!! :stars: :wahoo:

Attached Files:

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...cute kiddo's ...human and goat kind... congrats :wink: :love:

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Baby goat is ADORABLE...BUT, the little guy snuggling her is waaaay CUTER :hug:

13. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks! That is my youngest son. He is 5. My other son is 6 and will be sooooo mad he was at school when she kidded!

14. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW WHAT A CUTIE!!!! And the baby goat is cute too ;)

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Adorable!!! Both of them! Congrats on a beautiful goat kid, and a very handsome lil man you have there!

16. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks. The doeling only wants to nurse one side. Poor Pudding. I thought she was going bust this morning. I milked her down and put.the.baby on that side and she nursed, but i think this may be an issue. Any tips?

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yes... keep doing what you are doing ...if the kid nurses from the same side...and you see this...put it on the other...

you are doing the right thing ..by milking her out a bit .... and watching the ignored side... As the kid gets older...she will go back and forth.... :wink:

18. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    My eldest son, Logan who is 6, took over the "training Brie to nurse both sides" and did WONDERFUL! He milked the big side down just enough for Brie to latch on and fed the cats the milk. Now all is good. Pudding is a HUGE producer so Brie is doing better at keeping up with the supply. I'M SO PROUD OF LOGAN!!! He took it on himself and did great. :clap:

19. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Oh and Brie has WADDLES. IDK how I feel about them on gopher earred LaManchas.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... :hi5: