The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the walking dead today. Pudding, who is due tomorrow kept screaming into the monitor last night. She has rubbed the hair off her forehead, paced the stall, and hoarse from yelling all night. Never tried to push, I just think the babies have dropped and she's being a diva. :greengrin: As long as I stayed in the barn with her she was quiet. If I left, the screaming begain. :hair: I'm soooooo tired right now and have a feeling this is the process until she kids. :coffee:

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
She is probably contracting... working on getting those babies... where they are suppose to be........ it sounds to be very soon....

Hopefully ...she will have them today ...so you can get :ZZZ: ..I know... it can be very stressful...and tiring.... hang in there... :hug:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I camped out in a lawn chair for a bit, then had to leave for work. I'm waiting for my relief to get here so I can run home and check on her. I work at a equine breeding farm and we are ordering and shipping semen today and I cannot leave until I have backup!!!!

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
I camped out in a lawn chair for a bit, then had to leave for work. I'm waiting for my relief to get here so I can run home and check on her. I work at a equine breeding farm and we are ordering and shipping semen today and I cannot leave until I have backup!!!!
:hug: :pray:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: So sleepy....No kids.... Loud doe...... **IT'S A GIRL!

:kidred: She had the baby on my lunch hour!!! A perfect little doeling! YEA! :stars:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a pic. I will get better ones. My phone was ready to die. She's a sweetie!!! :stars: :wahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! That is my youngest son. He is 5. My other son is 6 and will be sooooo mad he was at school when she kidded!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. The doeling only wants to nurse one side. Poor Pudding. I thought she was going bust this morning. I milked her down and put.the.baby on that side and she nursed, but i think this may be an issue. Any tips?

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
Thanks. The doeling only wants to nurse one side. Poor Pudding. I thought she was going bust this morning. I milked her down and put.the.baby on that side and she nursed, but i think this may be an issue. Any tips?

you are doing the right thing ..by milking her out a bit .... and watching the ignored side... As the kid gets older...she will go back and forth.... :wink:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My eldest son, Logan who is 6, took over the "training Brie to nurse both sides" and did WONDERFUL! He milked the big side down just enough for Brie to latch on and fed the cats the milk. Now all is good. Pudding is a HUGE producer so Brie is doing better at keeping up with the supply. I'M SO PROUD OF LOGAN!!! He took it on himself and did great. :clap:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh and Brie has WADDLES. IDK how I feel about them on gopher earred LaManchas.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts