The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm really tired of answering a multi-question post by responding to each question, highlighting each response using the 'bold' option, hitting submit, and being told that I have to "lengthen my response to at least 3 characters". Could this problem please be fixed? Thank you in advance.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
It's not a problem, it's because it's basically quoting someone and then not writing anything. I don't think there is a way to "fix it". I just write at the bottom something like, "Answers written in bold" or you could even write, "...".

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
You can delete the quote tags, and then the reply will look like a normal one with bolded parts, like this:

The question

Your answer

Next Question

You can add quote tags around each question so then it would look like this:

Answer

Next question
Or you can do what Owned said and just add some extra thing under the quoted section.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
1,458 Posts
You could always just answer the questions and not quote.
This is what I want. You may feel your use of formatting tools clearly indicate the answer, but it does not.

The community should be seen for what it is. An information source that will outlive us all. The format of responses and help should be straight forward so when our grand-kids are here it makes sense to them.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a problem, it's because it's basically quoting someone and then not writing anything.
That is incorrect. I only use the quote option if the original poster has listed numerous question they would like to have answered. The space bar is hit to insert a blank line under each question, and each response is then put into bold print using the fonts at the top of the reply box. Upon hitting 'submit reply', I get the ERROR message. Want to try again?

·
Administrator
Community Manager
1,458 Posts
If you're typing into a quote, then altering your text and modifying it by bolding it or changing the color, the software has no way of knowing what's yours, and what is the initial quote.

You have to type outside of the quote box in order to qualify as a post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts