So torn on what to do!

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by HoosierShadow, May 28, 2020.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    I get that shopping can be annoying! I was recently shopping for a buck, and NONE of the pics were good, and I was about to give up! LOL! Luckily, I found one!
    Note to self: Get good pics of kids being set up correctly, instead of standing in a field with another goat blocking half of the goat you are trying to sell so you don't annoy the living crap out of some poor goat shopper! HAHA

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Oh gosh, I totally agree! There are some I am like...what?

This is one we sold a couple of weeks ago, so proud of this guy he was super sweet, beautiful and first time on a show collar and he was so good!
    This is Scat's youngest January buckling.
    [​IMG]

This is Scat's oldest son - he wasn't as interested in standing for a photo, he wanted to explore the back yard. It was getting ready to monsoon rain, so we only had about 3 minutes to grab pics!
    [​IMG]

Random in his pen - he left Sunday for his new home. Miss this silly guy.
    [​IMG]

This is Superior's only Fullblood January buck, sale pending. This is 'my' baby, this guy owns a big piece of my heart out. It's going to be hard when we say goodbye.
    [​IMG]

So I usually try to get pics like that when I am listing one for sale. Sometimes out in the pen works, but they are usually ignoring me, eating, have photo bombers or standing funny.

3. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Looooove that caped buck!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    All very nice bucklings! Im so glad you found a youngster. I hope all of this works out for you!

toth boer goats likes this.
  6. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thank You! CountyLineAcres - he is such a nice buck! It broke my daughter's heart to sell him and never get to show him. She showed his brother last year (different sire), he was a neat paint, and was very competitive at the shows, so she was excited to see what this guy could do.

We're hoping to go pick up a young buck on Saturday, fingers crossed all works out! I'm super worried about all of the protesting/riots going on and hearing about people dropping bricks from overpasses on the interstates - could just be rumor, but scary enough. We'll be driving a few hours and going through Cincinnati.
    My husband isn't on the same page because this would be our most expensive purchase. But if he is as nice as he seems in the pics/video and lives up to his pedigree he'll be a neat addition! Being a paint, and breeding him later this year to a red, paint, and a traditional w/red heat and some spots (by a dappled buck)… it's fun to think of the possibilities. My husband likes traditional colored bucks, so the idea of a paint and the price combined...lol
    I should start a protest in my house 'Paint goats matter!' lol. We did that at a show years ago, kind of funny... judge placed all traditionals at the front and reds at the back. A friend made the comment 'Red goats matter!' …. good times!

7. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Aha! So you did listen to my suggestion of a paint! Lol jk. That’s awesome! Cannot wait to see what you bought. He is probably phenomenal knowing how nice your stock is.

Paints are my absolute favorite! I can’t get enough of them. I can’t wait until those judges finally except that a colored buck can surpass traditionals lol. They’ve improved tremendously over the years!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks I appreciate it! LOL on the paint buck part! I definitely wasn't ruling them out if they were nice. Hubby likes traditional, but I think I'm finally convincing him that this guy may be a nice step up (fingers crossed!). Should be fun breeding some of the does later this year!
    We had no plans to get into color honestly, so it's funny that we're getting into red's and paints!
    I do think there are some lovely colored bucks and does out there that can out do a traditional. I think colored goats, especially dapples/black are the new 'American Boer Goat' and nothing wrong with that - we should have our own standards for them. Just like SA has their own standards for theirs.