So what do you think?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Haviris, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    While looking at one of my new doelings I noticed this brown spot, if either of the parents had moon spots that I knew of that is what I would assume it was, but if they do I didn't know it! The mom is black with a bit of white here and there, I'd think a moon spot would be fairly easy to spot on her (unless some of the small white spots are actually moon spots in hiding, which I guess is possible). Her dad is gold and white, and I guess it may be possible they are just hard to see. I have a moon spotted buck that got his spots from his dad, even though I didn't see any on him, he was so light I'm guessing they just blended in real well, so I know it is possible. So anyway here is a pic, what do you think? If it's not a moon spot it seems alittle out of place on an otherwise black goat don't you think?
    [​IMG]
    I haven't found any on the other kids, but the little buckling does have some small white spots about the size of dimes that I guess could be. Anyway, thought it was odd and I'd get some opinions.

2. morganslil1

morganslil1 Guest

Nov 12, 2007
    Haviris you should be ashamed of yourself for putting bleach on that poor baby.LOL just picking on you.Your babies are beautiful and yes it looks like moon spots. :thumbup:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looks like a moonspot to me. I hear they can be as tiny as a pin head and still pass on the traits.

4. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Well I guess this is just a plessant suprise! It will be interesting to see if I get anymore out of this buck, his next kids are due in May!

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I'd say it looks like a moonspot as well. I love moonspots!!!

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Do you have pictures of the parents? Some moonspots look white or silver so the parents might have some that are thought to be white spotting but actually moonspots. And a goat only needs to have a tiny speck of a spot somewhere on their body to be able to produce them.

7. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Here are a few pics I snapped of Dallas (the dad) today, they may be alittle big because photobucket is not letting me resize, so sorry about that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are some pics of Jade (the mom),
    [​IMG]

Well photobucket is not letting me put any more on right now so I will have to try again later, I'll just describe her markings, I really don't see anything that may be moon spots on her, so I am going to suspect that if that is what it is it came from Dallas. So anyway, she has a white top knot (shaped like a question mark), the small white spots on her nose, a white slash mark on her neck, another white stripe on her belly, and a white mark that looks like an arm band.

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Hm.... interesting. Well its not to say that mom or dad don't have a tiny moonspot somewhere that's nearly invisible to the naked eye. Do either parent have moonspotted parents?

9. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I'm not sure if any of the parents parents were moonspotted, I have pics of Dallas's sire and I don't see any moon spots, I had a pic of his dam, but can't find it now, I didn't notice any on her either, she was red and white w/ alot of ticking on the white. I don't have pics of either of Jade's parents, I do have some of her grand parants and don't see any moon spots. I just really don't know!