The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I didn't look them over too much, but at first sight,

The first do looks nice, other than her lack of depth , need of more brisket and blending, and posty back legs.
The Second one's hips are higher than the withers, and has a steep rump
Cant tell on the other one
The buck looks nice, needs more brisket as well, rump looks a bit steep, and the back legs look posty too, but they are setting to oddly.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Doe #1:
*Great length
*Wide
*Straight topline
*Near perfect rump
*Could use a bit more depth, but I think it is her length that makes her appear more shallow
*Brisket is acceptable

Kid #1:
*Shallow chest
*Angled topline
*Lacks bone

Kid #2:
*Wide
*Has depth

Buck:
*Good depth
*Is a bit post-legged
*Toes out
*Steep topline (you can't tell in the picture, but if he was set right, his rump would be taller)
*Narrow
*Lacks muscle conditioning

I'd say I do like that doe a lot. For $150 it is a great deal (depending on her age). The others look a bit scrawny, almost cross-bred.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Doe #1:
*Great length
*Wide
*Straight topline
*Near perfect rump
*Could use a bit more depth, but I think it is her length that makes her appear more shallow
*Brisket is acceptable

Kid #1:
*Shallow chest
*Angled topline
*Lacks bone

Kid #2:
*Wide
*Has depth

Buck:
*Good depth
*Is a bit post-legged
*Toes out
*Steep topline (you can't tell in the picture, but if he was set right, his rump would be taller)
*Narrow
*Lacks muscle conditioning

I'd say I do like that doe a lot. For $150 it is a great deal (depending on her age). The others look a bit scrawny, almost cross-bred.
I agree, and you took your time! I still got a lot of it from first glance. The doe would be the only one I'd consider, and thats going a ways... she is not the greatest one out there by far. I don't like her shallow body, legs, or brisket. The rump is very good though.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I agree, and you took your time! I still got a lot of it from first glance. The doe would be the only one I'd consider, and thats going a ways... she is not the greatest one out there by far. I don't like her shallow body, legs, or brisket. The rump is very good though.
For sure! Though I doubt she is registered or a show doe anyway :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Doe 1: level out her dock and long percentaging, clean through her front end. Negatives... high in the chine and her neck ties in a little weird for me. Fine boned and appears flat sided and narrow based. I'd like to pull her skeleton apart and give her some turn to her rib.

The rest kind of follow suit...fine boned, narrow out their corner, no real rib shape.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
I love the first doe's length and level topline from her shoulders back. Her neck really takes away from her though how it blends in weird like BCG said. Don't like her lack of depth either and her high shoulders.

I can't stand it when people "play" with their buckling's heads/horns. :( Makes them mean just like that... I guess that one may be a doe but looks like it has a buck face. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts