The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't been on as much as usual! I've just been swamped with lots of new babies being born, farm work, etc.

We have about 60 kids right now that have been born in just the last few weeks. I've been having does kid about every other day lately and not just one or two kids per litter...quads and triplets have been the norm! So it's like a kid explosion here recently. I also already had a set of quints! I had one day where we had two sets of triplets, one single, and one set of quads born so i'm sure you can imagine how much work that all takes! And then with the multiples means bottle kids so i've got 10 bottle kids right now and i'm sure more to come if the does keep having large litters like they've been doing. I've just been waiting for a day to get a break and catch up on sleep, but having a hard time finding time! :rolleyes: We have a lot of does left to kid in the next one to two months, but things should slow down a bit by mid June.

I also purchased two new bucks. Top Hat Farm D Power Stroke and NC PromisedLand SS Ping Pong. Power Stroke is by NC PromisedLand Turbo Diesel and out of Dills Flapper Girl and Ping Pong is by NC PromisedLand Seymore Spots and out of Ceasar's Villa Lizzie. So lots of nice new genetics to work with in the herd. Can't wait to see what they do here!

We're also getting close to hay season. We already cut one field and will be cutting some more soon so on top of all this going on i'll be busy with that soon as well.

But anyway...that's what's been going on! I'm including some photos of the new kids and bucks. Just a real busy time of the year for me! Also, if anyone is interested, we have many beautiful kids for sale now as well as some nice adult stock. I need to do some downsizing this year! www.kwfarms.com Everything's on my website.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
LOVE D3, D4, D31, & D34. D3 is my ultimate favorite though :). Good thing you live kinda close, I know where to go goat shopping if we need any new additions!
You sure have your hands full.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Why beautiful kids kaylee! :D

Congrats on your new boys too! :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I will have you know that I just about had a heart attack when I saw quadruplet does! Did you cry tears of joy when they were born? Congrats on all the deliveries!

My favorites are D22 (favorite of favorites), D55 & D58. I'm not into Nigerians, but if I was, I would come straight over to your farm.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know isn't that something?! I was pretty thrilled with Goldie when she delivered the four doelings! Especially since she's getting older and I really wanted another doeling out of her...she gave me four to choose from! :) Whoohoo!

Well if you ever want a nigerian in the future...you know where to go! ;) Thanks for the compliments...I like those three too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts