So who wants a funny story?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, May 8, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, lets start with last night - you all know that I SWORE that Lola had more then a single and I was totally freaked out by only one baby that I went all the way in and was checking to make sure, and didn't feel anything.

This morning - got up, checked and fed everyone - ok cool - everyone is good.

Get home, go straight out to check on the new baby of Lola's. She greats me I love on her, go around the corner to check the other babies - there is something under the hay feeder - and it is dark ---- Who the heck is THAT :shrug: Pick it up - my gosh it is huge --- it is NOT one of my babies :shocked:

It is newly born, but dried for the most part, umbilical cord is wet, chocolate with frosted ears, a white spot on his hiney and a small white top knot buckling. Oh and blue eyes!!! :love:

So I snatch him up, snatch up Lola's little girl - and start walking to the house trying to figure out in my head how the heck Lola kept a kid in for 12 hours and then deliver another when i KNOW that there was NOT another one in there. Seriously I was SOOOO confused. Hubby takes a picture of me holding the two kids on my camera phone. I send it to liz and brandi asking where in the heck the new one came from.

So my husband is trying to convince me that Lola had him first, and I missed it (yah right - would have seen this baby out there!) I explain the differences in the umbilical cord and everything and he said - well you didn't feel in the right spot last night - he was hidden.

So I go to the barn and call Brandi - I am really SUPER confused :worried: thinking that I am loosing my mind. So I am talking to Brandi, and Lola refuses to have anything to do with this boy - I think it is because she is confused, as I am, that this is her kid also. She won't nurse nothing.

So I am trying and trying while Brandi is on the phone laughing at me to get him to nurse. Next thing I know, Blanca (who is due between June 14 and July 3rd- and SOLD) walks over talking away. She is a social butterfly, so I keep pushing her away. Finally she turns to walk away - IT IS HER BABY!!!! Aghhhhhhh! :GAAH: :GAAH: So now I feel like a REAL jerk!

I sold Blanca as open and she was to leave after she kids and I got to keep the babies (cause she always throughs quads or at least trips and this is a person new to goats and pregnant herself. So now I had to call her and explain that the pregnancy test was wrong - she kidded while I was at work and yada yada yada. She was such a hoot on the phone.

So here is Z 6 will get new pics tomorrow -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :shocked: WOW! i would be confused too! congrats on the healthy baby!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the boy - I didnt know that the pregnancy tests could tell you how far along they were :shrug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Stacey,

They don't tell you how far along, but I tested her when I tested Jewelz and Lola and hers was negative. Then I ran her with Abba a month later when I brought him home and then blood tested and it was positive - so I thought she took the second breeding. She just must not have been far enough along with the breeding to show on the test.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ah - makes sense

So you get to keep the little guy? are you bottle feeding or is mom taking care of him?

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    He is with momma. I was going to see if Lola would take him if Blanca's owner wanted her now, but she said to keep him with momma - she is not in a hurry. So that is good.

I have someone on the list for a Blue eyed buckling - so I have contacted them to see if they are interested in him.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a surprise! And a handsome one at that! So where'd the chocolate color come from???? :ROFL:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Liz - I have NOOO idea where the chocolate came from. He has the same sire as Catalina born the night before and not sure where that color came from either - but Blue is sure doing good throwing those Blue eyes! (granted this little boy was bound to - momma has blue eyes also)

9. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
  10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What a confusing ordeal......but a happy one anywayz.... :wink: :greengrin:
    Lola .....must of thought you were crazy ..... :ROFL: ......to put Blanca's baby on her...lol
    At least you have figured it all out..... :hug: :)

he is a really nice looking boy.... :wink:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Funny enough - Lola is letting Valient at all he wants from her!!! She even moves her leg out for him - but valient will eat from anyone that will allow him - he is not picky

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Lola...is a sweet heart ... :love: ..I am so happy they are doing well....Valient sounds really healthy.....with playing the game of musical teats.....LOL :ROFL:

13. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Oh yes... I got a real BIG kick out of this while I was on the phone with her! You should have heard her :ROFL: and pushing poor blanca away from her baby.... :ROFL: It is STILL hilarious :ROFL:

You KNOW I love you Allison! :hug: But if this had been me, you NEVER would have let me live it down! :slapfloor:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You are sooo not funny tree goat lady!

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    oooo.... my shock pales in comparison to your's... hehehehehe :ROFL:

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    :ROFL: :ROFL:
    Congrats anyway!!
    :ROFL: :ROFL:

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh my......I can just picture it ...sorry for picking on ya Allison....but it is so funny.... :ROFL: :ROFL:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    uh huh - pick on me when I am away on the computer and can't defend myself - LOL!

19. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    hehehehe... That is best time to attack! :slapfloor:

20. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    LOL, too funny, been there, done that though when a bunch of doe's kidded at once in '07 though!