The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there make goats milk soap ..?? can you recommend books or sites.. i only get one hour a day on public library puter and most of that is used for junking out my emails..
If ya cant sell the milk,, why not make the soap.. i am a stay at home housewife with too much time on my hands in the winter..halllllllllllllllllp!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I make soap! Just made some today in fact. :D

On the library catalog, look up books on soap making. For our library, a whole bunch of books come up. Doesn't take long and you get a lot of results. There are a lot of good books and it's hard to give an exact book. I actually learned soap making mainly by "trial and error". Find a good lye calculator online, that is essential for making up your own soaps.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I make soap, but I have not tried making soap with goat's milk yet. I use the "hand milling" method for all of my soaps where you make a basic soap and then rebatch the basic soap to put in additives. I like using this method because I can make very small quanities of soap with certain additives--that makes it easier to experiment with different additives without the risk of ruining a whole batch. I also like this method because I can also make tons of basic soap at one time, let it cure, and then make a batch of soap quickly whenever I want to with with whatever additives I want and have it be "ready" in a matter of days.

There's a book called "The Complete Soapmaker" by Norma Coney that does a really good job explaining the entire process. It is super easy to follow and has a lot of recipes and photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts