The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!

I have soooo much frozen milk that I need to use up!! I have never made soap yet, but it looks like a lot of fun to make and very rewarding! So if any of you have a good recipe and/or any tips to share that would be great! Also, feel free to post pictures of soap you have made! Thanks!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,673 Posts
There is a lot to learn about soap making so definitely do your research! I have recently discovered a love for it and made my first batch a few weeks ago. Here's a link to my first soap I made. There are a few other members' pictures on there too. My First Soap!

I found this channel on YouTube to be very helpful https://www.youtube.com/c/EllysEverydaySoapMaking/videos

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,673 Posts
Lye is only dangerous if handled improperly. Wear long sleeves, gloves, pants, shoes and protective eyewear and you should be safe. Only pour lye into other thing, i.e. lye into your frozen goats milk, and your lye solution into your oils and not vice versa. Raw soap batter should be treated as caustic as well. Don't let the safety precautions scare you off though! If you were to happen to get lye on you, white vinegar neutralizes it and should be followed with lots of cold water. It's no big deal as long as you pay attention! 👍

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a lot to learn about soap making so definitely do your research! I have recently discovered a love for it and made my first batch a few weeks ago. Here's a link to my first soap I made. There are a few other members' pictures on there too. My First Soap!

I found this channel on YouTube to be very helpful https://www.youtube.com/c/EllysEverydaySoapMaking/videos
Lye is only dangerous if handled improperly. Wear long sleeves, gloves, pants, shoes and protective eyewear and you should be safe. Only pour lye into other thing, i.e. lye into your frozen goats milk, and your lye solution into your oils and not vice versa. Raw soap batter should be treated as caustic as well. Don't let the safety precautions scare you off though! If you were to happen to get lye on you, white vinegar neutralizes it and should be followed with lots of cold water. It's no big deal as long as you pay attention! 👍
Thanks for the advice!! I'll definitely have to check out the YouTube channel!!

Did you make your soap inside? The reason I ask this is I've heard that some people like to make it outside because of the dangerous fumes the lye puts off.

Reactions: MellonFriend
1 - 6 of 6 Posts