Soap Molds

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    I have these soap molds, but I dont like the size of them.
    https://www.soapgoods.com/buy-tray-...OuAHfBUaRpMgT_Pleixc-5r7XB2olRDAaAre0EALw_wcB
    https://www.amazon.com/Milky-Way-Fu...ocphy=9028364&hvtargid=pla-405458467090&psc=1
    They are too small, so I want to get those loaf molds, so I can cut my own size so I wont waste any more money on soap molds. Does anybody know any good loaf molds. I'm talking about these
    https://www.amazon.com/ZYTJ-Silicon...ocphy=9028364&hvtargid=pla-496225240234&psc=1

2. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Nigerian dwarf goat likes this.

3. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
  4. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Alas, I only make really ugly soap. So I have never sold any. Although homemade soap is all we use here at home. I have thought of just hacking the bars and selling them by weight with just a piece of twine wrapped 'round and a tag that says, "Yes, it's ugly, but it will get you clean. So quit yer whining!!"

5. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Do you have a Michaels arts and craft store near you? They sell molds loaf style and shaped ones. You can go online and get a 40-50% off coupon for them too. They also carry dye and scents as well. I believe in the bakeware section the cellophane bags for cookies and such would meet your needs for a pretty package to sell them in.

6. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    LOL! mine are pretty ugly too! That is too funny. I guess that is where they got the saying "uglier than homemade soap!"

Hmm... a Michaels is a little ways out of my way, but I'm sure I will be going to Austin soon.

GoofyGoat likes this.
  7. OpieDoodle

OpieDoodle Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Dayton, OH
    When I have bought homemade soap in the past it usually will come wrapped in plastic wrap with some kind of sticker then they put that inside the organza bag

8. HJoy

HJoy Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Oregon
    I use a plastic loaf mold from wholesale supplies plus online, but also have a silicone loaf pan for bread I found for cheap that I use and love. I personally do like the organza bags and buy packs of 100-200 on Amazon for cheap, but understand what you are saying about the soap getting on them. I have also used some various boxes I cut out with my cricut or a simple band of paper. Here is a pic I took of some different wrapping that I sent a friend the other day. IMG_20190206_110430_294.jpg

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California