Soap! pictures of the finished product!

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by ProctorHillFarm, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I just got done making my first batch of soap! :leap:

I froze and stored SO much milk from over the summer promising myself I would get into soapmaking this winter....

Well I finally got all of the stuff together that I needed- and read and re-read all the processes over and over (it definately SOUNDS alot more complicated than it is!)

And today I made 4 lbs of Honey Almond Oatmeal soap! Woohoo- I can't wait until it cures so I can see how it turned out.

I can't wait to make my second batch :) the possibilities are endless!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Soap!

That's exciting. I love that soap. Are you going to sell any?

3. ProctorHillFarm

That's definately the goal.

I have a lot of soap to sell to make back my start up costs- hah :ROFL:

4. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia

LOL! I wanna make soap too!!! :D Good job!!! :clap:

5. ProctorHillFarm

Haha thanks- it's so much fun. I already have SO many ideas for my batches to come

Im going to make Cucumber Melon with walnut seed for light exfoliation

Im also going to do a Vanilla & Pomegranate batch.... Mm Mmmm :)

I also ordered an oil blend for pain relief and soreness - so am going to make some theraputic bars. I have a friend that owns a massage therapy center and she wants to sell some of that kind there.

6. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

Keep us posted as to what you will be selling. One of my daughters gets eczema and I unfortunately get psoriasis patches, particularly on the top of one foot. We have been trying different types of soaps, but haven't found anything yet that is both soothing and non-stinging. Silly me, I have not tried goat milk soaps yet. :oops:

7. ProctorHillFarm

Ohh! I would be happy to whip you up a batch of soap if you would like! :)

Let me look into whats best for skin care- probably a simple soap without added smellies and such, and probably some oatmeal for soothing

8. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I'm hoping to make some in the summer. The process looks kind of complicated & a bit intimidating so I'm glad to hear that you said it's easier to make than it sounds--that gives me some hope :)

9. Re: Soap!

LOL :slapfloor: I buy it. :ROFL: LOL Congrats on making your first batch. It's all I can use as well as the lotions.

Allergies! :roll:

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

thats so neat!

I tried a few years ago, but it all separated and now looks like cottage cheese lol. I also used like...a whole drip bottle of lavender scent...ummm yeah so you can REALLY smell it :doh: . oh well! I still have alot of the supplies, just need to get some milk from these girls....

11. ProctorHillFarm

Woohoo- my good soap making supplies came so I got to make a real batch of soap to sell!

Here is my Cucumber Melon with crushed walnut seeds:
    [​IMG]

And this was my first "tester" batch (made before I got my nice mold)
    - Honey Almond with Ground Oatmeal:
    [​IMG]

I made a batch of Sweet pea with Freesia and a hint of Pear today- mm mmm, cutting it tomorrow and can then post some piccies of that!

Next on the list: Stop Pain Synergy Soap Bars- Vanilla Pomegrante- and a batch of "nothing but natural" for kids and peeps to try! :)

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I really like your mold. Where do you find one like that? Or is it a type of cutter that makes the nice grooves in it?

13. ProctorHillFarm

Its just a wooden 4 lb mold and then I used a crinkle cutter to cut it :)

I ordered my stuff from here: www.brambleberry.com
    A gorgeous site and their products are really really nice!

Have you ever used soap stamps?
    They have ones that say Goat Milk and I thought it would be really neat to stamp my soaps with it- but not sure how that works- do you do that at about 24 hours right after you cut it?

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I haven't used the soap stamps, although I almost purchased the Goat Milk one. I am assuming you stamp it about 12-24 hours after putting it in the mold? - while it is still somewhat soft. I have A LOT of molds purchased from a friend when she got out of soap making, so most soaps are put in those molds (ones with baby goats, flowers, hummingbirds, etc) but I personally prefer the plain molds to cut bars out of, more "rustic" looking. I really like the way your soaps turned out! Very good for your first batches! :D What oils do you prefer using?

15. ProctorHillFarm

Thanks- Im really happy with my second batch!

I used Coconut, Palm, and Olive Oil for that batch.

The first batch I used Coconut, Olive, and Vegetable Shortening- this batch traced A LOT quicker- but I like the texture of the second batch better

I have some sweet almond oil I want to try adding- and I also want to start adding Shea butter

16. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Oooh - those look really nice - I am excited to try them out :love:

17. ProctorHillFarm

Im like a soap making machine right now!

Here is the Sweet Pea with Freesia and a hint of pear (didn't add anything else so its pretty "boring")
    [​IMG]

But here is the Vanilla and Pomegranate with rasberry tea leaves
    [​IMG]

Kids n Peeps- I think today Im going to make your soap- I want to pick up some Vitamin E to put in it. I also think I will add a small amount of ground oatmeal which should be great for your skin

Then the next batch will be Stop Pain Syngergistic with Organic Mint Leaves :)

18. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Wow! They look great! And I bet they smell great too!! mmnnnnnmmmm :love:

19. ProctorHillFarm

Thanks- they do smell good! And the are making my house smell might nice while they are curing too!

Kids n peeps I just got done making your soap! Its in the mold now- when I cut it tomorrow I will post a picture

:dance: