soft clumpy stools, 133 days bred

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by yonderhill, May 19, 2009.

1. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    My doe Sprout had soft, clumpy stools overnight into today, I can't figure out why! She has had some leek leaves and some lettuce over the past few days (they all have) yet she is the only one having an issue.
    She is 133 days bred so I am not really sure what to do for her.. Any advice?

Jennah

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's probably just all the hormonal changes going on in her body. I wouldn't worry too much unless it turns into the runs.

3. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Thank you!! I was thinking that may be it, as our doe that kidded had some soft stools prior to giving birth..but I just wanted to double check!! Will be keeping a close watch on her anyhow!

Jennah

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I totally agree with runaround.......no worries.... :wink: :)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    check eyelids for pinkness. If they are pink then it is as Ashely said if they are pale then seh needs to be wormed.

I had a doe with clumpy stools a week and a half ago - it went away and now this morning it is back - but still everyone is pink and healthy looking in the eyelids. SO I am chalking it up to my one pregnant doe who is left as she did this last year. I always check though just in case.

6. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Thanks Guys...Stacey, she is nice and pink, so I guess i'll just chalk it up to be a hormonal issue..it is very annoying though...making me worry about her:)

Jennah