Sold one and bought one

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Dec 21, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So I gained a goat (Charlie) for the next six months for harness training. And I sold a goat (Ellie) to the same person.

Just a wee bit sad that Ellie's gone, but I know she's getting a really good home.

Charlie is, shall we say, a challenge. Keeps jumping out ... :doh: to come and find me. Wasnt even bottle raised ...

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow...sorry you are having problems with...Charlie :(

I know the feeling when you have to sell one of your favorite goats ,it is sad ,but I
    am so glad ,she went to a good home.... :)

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL: Ok, now....after the laugh from imagining your frustration as he continues to try and find you.... sorry you are having trouble. I sure hope you can get him trained.... he sounds like a doll though!

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I've hobbled him and he has stayed in so far ...

I think he will be good to train as long as he stays in! He naturally wants to walk in front of me so he is gonna be soooo much easier to drive than my goats, who always want to follow me. He's only four months so its gonna be a while till he fits the harness and we start the proper training.

He is just so fixated on humans, I need him to stop that and make some goat buddies. lol he's chasing around the two does in season atm.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good I'm glad the hobbles are working....
    It's good that he likes to walk in front of you.....that is good news.... :)

He still thinks he's the man ,with the ladies.?...LOL :ROFL:

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Yep, and they are piddling for him and carrying on something shocking.

They keep asking me to bring them a buck lol but they are not getting one! Because one of them is Charlotte who had the caesar and I want her to have more time to heal. And the other is Spot, and I have three boer bucks here at the moment, Dynamo is her half brother, Da Vinci is by the same buck and his mother is her grandmother (I have no idea what relation that make him to her) and Pride is only a few weeks old lol So she has to wait 3 - 4 mths until Pride is old enough. And Charlotte may as well wait until then too so I have them kidding together - I like to have them all kid at once - I hate drawn out kidding seasons.

7. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    you could always teach him to play Hide and Seek
    :ROFL:

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: