Sold some today

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, May 16, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Well as you guys know Charlotte has spent a whole lot of time in at the vet, well to be able to pay the vet bill I had to make some tough decisions and cut way back on my goaties, and even though I was excited about getting into the dairies I felt that they are the ones I could stand to part with, I havent had them as long as everyone else.

So I've advertised almost all of my dairies for sale. I'll be keeping one for my milk but that is all at this point.

Tonight a lady called who was interested in my saanen buck, and she in the end was tempted enough to take a doe as well.

So here's Joe (not set up properly because I only had my mum to help me, and she doesnt know how to hold them, set the feet and punch them down, but she also doesnt know where to position on the animal to get the best shot lol so either way it doesnt end up perfect)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She wanted primarily a very friendly buck for her home milkers. Well he's about as friendly as you can get!

She also just fell in love with my girl Possum. Out of all the dairy does she is the hardest to say goodbye to. She's a FF due 30th July and I was really looking forward to milking her for the first time, and seeing how her udder comes up. But we do what we have to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the photo that she fell in love with

I honestly love this girl, she's so sweet and I'm gonna miss her heaps, she'll be the hardest of all the dairies to let go.

But, Charlotte is one in a million and I'd do what it takes to keep her around with me. Plus, I know Possum and Joe are going to a brilliant home, you know how you just get that feeling with some people? I'm delivering them 31st May so until then they will be spoiled!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well congrats on the sale....so sorry you have to part with them.

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Keren....so sorry you have to part with some, but I know very well that we do what we have to.....at least you know they are going to a great home! How is Charlotte?, have not seen an update on her for a couple of days.

4. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I am sorry you have to part with them..It must be the hardest thing, but at least you can take comfort in the fact that they will be well loved in their new home!!

Jennah

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am sorry that you have to sell them but it is great the you found home so fast.

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I'm sorry. :sigh: I know how excited you were about Possum, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. :hug:

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    It's always hard to say goodbye to those special goaties!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Keren ....I am sorry.... you had to give up some of your other goats.. :( ...At least you know they are getting goods homes.....and will be taken care of...............Now you can put more into sweet....... beautiful Charlotte......keep us updated on her......I am still praying for her..... :pray: :hug: