The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I like Gentry-he would be my first choice, if he wasn't sold out....
I do not like Swagger. Poor udder attachments, and waaay to much udder capacity for me. JMHO. :)
And thank you!

The main thing I'm looking to improve is udder attachments. And then body capacity. I'm also looking at AIing to a son of the 2013 Natn'l champion.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I've never seen any weak attachments in Swaggers lines, they routinely score E's in mammary. So I am curious to see what does from his lines had bad attachments.

The Sunshine lines have the least body capacity of all the bucks to choose from there, so IMO they won't help you any/much there.

Out of the bucks there, I'm not sure who I would go with then, that would improve your does, yet not increase the udder size. :chin: Normally for show does, you'd want a more milky doe, since that's where 35 of your points are. :)

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What I mean by "weak attachments", is that they're not really straight out on the fore or really good on the back. Right now, I want really good attachments, and then I want arch and width.
In body/general appearance, I want body capacity and feet and legs.

I just don't like those really big, slightly loose udders. And the small teats.
No offense :)

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If I AI, I'll probably do Chant to +*B Redwood Hills Tribute Sailor LA 88. I really like his dam, and several of his daughters in the Rancho-Snowfall herd are GORGEOUS!!

Brea, I would probably AI to a son of this doe: http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=A001283672

Two time ADGA National Champion!
Frosty, probably Legacy........

When I want more capacity, after I have the udders I like, I'll probably go to Monsoon. His dam is gorgeous! :love:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have been thinking of AI-ing as well..... would you be doing it yourself?

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have in the past (like, several years ago), successfully, but I would probably have a vet do it :) I sold all my stuff.... :sigh:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well I have access to the tank but don't know how to do it.......you know how to do it but no equipment.....hhhmmmmm maybe we need to get together!! We don't live very far from each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey, that would be great! The biggest problem we had was the weather...all our does went in to heat on freezing cold, wet days :/ Reeeaally fun, trust me! Not!
It's also hard on small or younger does. I had only one take (well, two, but the other aborted), but it was great! I AIed to Legacy back then :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yeah the weather has been schizo that's for sure! I am so wanting to use a buck off of biogenetics.......I just don't want to blindly try AI-ing and wasting it.......I'll check into solidifying the use of the tank and will let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah, I've looked there :) Nice Alpines! I like the old style too......seem these days all people want is size, size, milk, LOL.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
If you haven't heard, I want to bring sexy back. ;) But really, that old style is my goal, focusing on the sodium oaks lines. :)

I think Fruit Loops might be a good option though, his dam has lots of capacity, nice fore udder, etc. His half brother is my dude's sire, and he's huge. :) Alpine Valley has some very nice goats. Not to mention that Honey Oats was the 2006 national reserve grand champion, but I'm sure you knew that already. :)

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I do like Fruit Loops....my biggest problem with him is the foreudders on his daughters, and the small stature. Otherwise.... :love: :love:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts