Some Fair Results

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Just Kiddin', May 10, 2009.

1. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    We got to come home for a day so I thought I'd post our results. We still have the market goat to show so I'll post those next weekend when we get home for good.

We took 2 does who were 2 year old milkers. Both are first freshners and we got 1st and 2nd with them. The one doe was due to kid on the 8th and of course she didn't make it and kidded on the 6th which was the day before the show. She still looked pretty good so we went ahead and showed her and she got 2nd.
    Then we had 2 kids that were born on Feb. 24th and they took 1st and 2nd. The 1st place went on to win Reserve Junior Champion Doe.

We also took the market chickens that I've been posting pics of in the other animals forum. Wellllllllllll they won 4-H Grand Champion and then went on to win Supreme Grand Champion again this year which is awesome except that now we can't sell our market goat unless he wins a champion too. Our fair only allows us to sell 1 animal unless you have more than 1 champion and it's mandatory that all champions sell. So now the chickens have to be the ones to sell since they won. Our chickens last year were the Supreme Champion so we had to sell them and we got stuck with the market goat LOL.

We had regular exhibition chickens too and they won Best of Breed and Reserve Best of Breed. All in all our fair has started out pretty well.

It was great to meet Sarah too! :) I'm still pulling for you and Murray Sarah! LOL
    I'll update everyone next weekend!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Crystal, that is wonderful on all the winnings. What a great show for you.

I know how you feel (sort of) about selling more then one animal, out fair does the same thing, but lets just say your goat does not get Grand or reserve, and you can not sell them, at our fair out birds (Grand and Reserve ) go for a lot more money then a goat that is not Grand or Reserve. I just hope you goats gets Grand and you can sell them both. Good Luck

3. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Yeah we do get more money for our chickens than we would for the goat but then my kids won't let me get rid of the goat once we bring it home LOL! We still have his market goat from last year because the same thing happened and my kid screens everyone who wants to take him home :ROFL: There's another fair right after ours so I'm hoping I can sell him to another kid who needs a market goat because he'll still be within weight limits for that fair. Otherwise we'll have another pet goat I guess LOL.