Some girls I found

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Apr 14, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    This farm is selling out (the owner died suddenly) and I was looking at their does and I really like these three http://www.irishluckfarm.com/irish_luck ... ge_003.htm

can anyone say if they really like one over another by their pedigree?

I am going to ask the lady who is selling them if I can get udder shots as they have recently kidded.

This farm is just over 3 hours from me in NY

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I like the bottom two, they are really nice looking and have nice pedigrees, the top one looks to pygmyish to me, and she has a steep rump.

3. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Have to agree, love the last does pedigree, it is very nice.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thanks girls. I love the blue eyes but temperment and conformation are more important to me right now.

I was really likeing Veil but her picture doesn't show her off really well unfortunatly. I am glad you like her pedigree. I don't know much about that just yet :shrug:

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  6. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    I really like the looks of greta, the middle one, and her babies are adorable!! I don't know about pedigrees, but I really think she is pretty.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I just called the lady who was her friend and she said that Minx is very small and cute and lovely (blue eyes)

She also said that Greta is taller, longer legs

Veil is sweet as well and smaller more like Minx

She is going to check the registry they are registered with as that might be a deal breaker. :( But lets cross our fingers for AGS :D

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am pretty sure atleast Veil will be registered with AGS as her herd that she comes from was registered with AGS. I really like her pedigree alot. I say get her!!

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am going to try to!! I just googled her sir's dam woodhaven farms moondancer and she has some awesome stuff! kidding at just shy of 12 years and all.

There are TONS of kids, bucks and does that have come from her!

http://www.tyny.com/moondancer.html

scroll down a bit http://www.kaapioacres.com/ndoes.html

I was thinking of possibly getting one of the other ones as well as I think getting them in pairs would be nice.

I will wait to see if the others are AGS - thanks Chelsey

I knew some of her goats had to be AGS as I found her from the AGS website

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok she said they are double registered with AGS and NDGA

I think I am going to get Veil!!

Now for if I get Minx or Greta :shrug:

I really want the blue eyes BUT I wan what is going to be best for show too. I am going to try to get in contact with moonspinner who was her breeder and see what she thinks of the breeding of Minx as a show doe.

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I was actually just at a show with the owners of Moondancer and they did not mean for her to get bred but she kidded (with a little assistence from the vet) can't remember the whole story.. But they really like her, and she has a nice udder!

12. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I just love Moondancer! She is a really lovely doe. If you are looking for show and blue eyes, I know of a few people woh have some yearlings for sale..

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Is she still alive then? I see she'd be 14 if she was....

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Actually it was the end of 2007 when she kidded with the vets assistance. So she was 13 years old when she kidded for the last time! I think she is still alive too.

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    WOW!! Pretty good for a mini :)

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey....I'm jealous!! The 2 you have chosen are beautiful!! It seems the only way I can afford to get some "different" blood with my 2 is to have Binky bred by a buck from Ohio and is now in New Alexandria! I think you made excellent choices and asking the breeder about "show possibility" is an absolutely great idea!

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Moonspinner was minxes breeder, well I contacted her about Minx and she said that her dam always has one small one and Minx was that. She is from good breeding but more then likely not great show quality though she can't say for sure due to not having seen her since she was 9 weeks old. I haven't made up my mind yet

Julie please do give me the info on the ones you know of. I haven't heard back from the lady in Vermont with the pictures though she said she was going to get me some.

A blue eyed doe would be nice but not manditory.