Some little prayers for a little guy and his mommy,UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by cdtrum, Mar 28, 2010.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If I could call on all my friends here at TGS to say a little prayer for my almost 5 month old grandson (Trent Michael)....he has been diagnosed with RSV....a virus that usually attacks young children under 2yrs old....he caught it from another baby at his child care center.....also, if you can add his mommy to your prayers, my daughter has not slept in 3 days and spends most of her time running between the hospital and home.....they are giving him daily breathing treatments, IV fluids and doing daily x-rays to keep an eye on his lungs, as the virus can easily lead to pneumonia. On top of this my daughter is alone as her hubby is serving in Iraq, which is hard on him knowing what she and the baby are going through and he can't be there.....Luckily she has a wonderful couple next door that have pretty much adopted her and the baby and are helping where they can....the wife sat at the hospital all night with my daughter when they admitted him....God Bless Them!...if not for them I would be on a plane to Seattle, which I feel so torn right now wanting to be there, but having other things here at home on my plate.....but if she says the word or ask, I'll be on my way asap!
    Sorry so long, but so appreciate any prayers!

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Re: Some little prayers for a little guy and his mommy...ple

God has planted angels next door...I can hardly wait to see what else He does! :pray:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh..Denise...I am so sorry... :( :hug:

I will definitely pray... for Trent Michael and his momma.... :pray: :hug:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Prayers being sent for Trent's recovery and for his mom to be strong, for you as well Denise as I know it has to be very hard for you to not be with your daughter and grandson :hug:

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Thank you, thank you guys for the prayers, and yes Nancy, angels are next door! They are a retired military couple and know all about living far away from home with no family nearby.

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

wow! Super angels who know the life! That just blesses my socks off!

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Just talked to my kido, Trent had another series of treatments this evening as his breathing is a bit worse....but they are letting her take him home with a breathing machine.....she will be giving him treatments at home every 4hrs around the clock at least until Thursday, then they will re-evaluate him, if not needed before......she is happy to be taking him home even though he will have to be watched very carefully.....I would want to be in the safe surroundings of the hospital with docs and nurses, but my girl is very tough and wants to be in the comfort of her home......I can't blame her, even though I'm a whimp!

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Hi, Denise. Glad to hear Trent gets to come home. Will send continued prayers for his quick healing and rest for his Mama. :pray:

9. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Poor little guy--I sure hope everything turns out okay and he makes a full recovery. Sending he and your daughter well wishes!

10. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010

I will keep you all in my prayers! I wish I could offer you more- we are a military family- now retired. We unfortunately don't live close to our families and it is tough!

11. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT

Oh I'm so sorry :( I'll definitely pray for them both!!

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

:hug: :pray:

13. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

:pray: for all during this time-wishing for recovery, strength to deal with all the issues involved and the stress all are feeling. :hug: :grouphug:

14. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois

:pray: :pray: :pray:

15. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

:hug: I will definitely be praying. :pray:

16. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Re: Some little prayers for a little guy and his mommy,UPDAT

Thank you all.....she (my daughter) finally just picked up the breathing machine (the hospital dropped the ball so she had to go get herself) and has been told he will most likely have use the machine until 5yrs of age and will be an asthma kido from the damage the virus did......Please if you know any small children, especially under the age of 2yrs old.....have their parents do some research on this very horrible virus! Not all children get as sick with it as Trent, but there is a small precentage that will. We now will pray that the breathing machine will keep this from going into pnuemonia......right now he has broncholitis, one step above pnuemonia.

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your welcome Denise.... :hug: :pray:

18. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Thanks to all of you that have offered kind thoughts and prayers.....as of tonight Trent's mommy reports that he is doing 100% :clap: better since starting his treatments at home.....he slept most of the day today and is back to taking his formula and breathing well! Now I hope his mommy will get a full peaceful nights sleep tonight!

19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

awesome!!! So glad to hear it

20. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT

Yay! Glad to hear everything is working out. Prayer works :)