The Goat Spot Forum banner

Which of my dry yearling MiniNubian does do you like best?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shared pictures of some of my doelings from this spring in a previous post. Here are 3 of my 4 dry yearlings:

Grace 4th gen MiniNubian (dry yearling):

Lucy 1st gen, dry yearling MiniNubian:

Emma, 3rd gen MiniNubian dry yearling:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

What do you all think of them? Which is your favorite and why?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I would say for overall general appearance I like Emma best. Could be that she's squatted a bit more than the other two though so its a close choice for me.

Rear ends I like Grace best.

I really like Lucy's breed character and ears a lot. She's also longer than Grace.

So I like all 3 very much. Beautiful does.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I would have a hard time to pick my favorite. Grace has the sweetest personality, so that makes me like her especially. I've only had Emma for a few months so she hasn't bonded to me like Grace has and is a bit more skittish (hence the extreme squat when setting her up compared to the others). She does have wonderful conformation. Lucy is a little less flashy than the others, but she's still nice - and she does have the best ears of them all.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm not one to judge but I say they are all gorgeous! Lucy does have such nice ears, and she is just a 1st generation. Doesn't that mean she's half Nigerian/half Nubian? I thought the first generation miniNubians usually had airplane ears :? :greengrin:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
First generation just means one parent is a purebred. So one of her parents could have been a first or even higher generation bred back to a purebred Nubian thus giving the really correct ears. Hard to say what percentage, only she can answer that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. Lucy is 75% Nubian 25%Nigerian. Her dam is a full size Nubian and her sire is a 2nd gen, 50/50 MiniNubian.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I like Emma the best. I think she is very promising. I love the breed character on Lucy. And I think Grace has a pretty nice escutcheon. They are all very nice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts