Some more of my goats...

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by eliya, Jul 29, 2008.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

I shared pictures of some of my doelings from this spring in a previous post. Here are 3 of my 4 dry yearlings:

Grace 4th gen MiniNubian (dry yearling):
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lucy 1st gen, dry yearling MiniNubian:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Emma, 3rd gen MiniNubian dry yearling:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

What do you all think of them? Which is your favorite and why?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I personally really like the first one - but I also like the last one! Hard choice.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I like Emma, she is really long and her rump looks fairly level. Nice brisket, elegant neck, good angulation to the rear legs. I would give her even tighter toes. I like her a lot, can't beat that cool coloring too!

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I would say for overall general appearance I like Emma best. Could be that she's squatted a bit more than the other two though so its a close choice for me.

Rear ends I like Grace best.

I really like Lucy's breed character and ears a lot. She's also longer than Grace.

So I like all 3 very much. Beautiful does.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They're all really pretty...I think i'll have to go with Emma though.

6. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks everyone. I would have a hard time to pick my favorite. Grace has the sweetest personality, so that makes me like her especially. I've only had Emma for a few months so she hasn't bonded to me like Grace has and is a bit more skittish (hence the extreme squat when setting her up compared to the others). She does have wonderful conformation. Lucy is a little less flashy than the others, but she's still nice - and she does have the best ears of them all.

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I'm not one to judge but I say they are all gorgeous! Lucy does have such nice ears, and she is just a 1st generation. Doesn't that mean she's half Nigerian/half Nubian? I thought the first generation miniNubians usually had airplane ears :? :greengrin:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    First generation just means one parent is a purebred. So one of her parents could have been a first or even higher generation bred back to a purebred Nubian thus giving the really correct ears. Hard to say what percentage, only she can answer that.

9. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Oh, thanks for the explanation :) I don't know anything about genetics and whatnot :cool:

10. eliya

eliya New Member

Yep. Lucy is 75% Nubian 25%Nigerian. Her dam is a full size Nubian and her sire is a 2nd gen, 50/50 MiniNubian.

11. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I like Emma the best. I think she is very promising. I love the breed character on Lucy. And I think Grace has a pretty nice escutcheon. They are all very nice!