Some new purchases at PHF- home and the SECRETS OUT!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ProctorHillFarm, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

So as luck would have it, my Dutch Warmblood mare sold and was put on a trailer to Texas yesterday morning, which left the hubby and I a little spending money, so what did we spend it on....... :greengrin:

A milk machine! Yay- this should come in handy next year with ALL of the does we have to milk and that will be on test.
    This one to be exact: http://hambydairysupply.com/xcart/produ ... =75&page=1

A 7X14 Enclosed Trailer- for our new goaty transportation mobile! It has a side door and a rear ramp as well as inside lighting and ventilation, so we plan to secure all the crates along the inside of the trailer, and be able to put our portable corrals on the other wall, and put a milkstand up front so I can milk the girls inside the trailer at shows! :leap:
    Just like this one: http://www.stauntontractor.com/pictures/1191433756A.jpg

And the biggest most exciting purchase of all is still underwraps, for now, even though its all coming together and the date is set (this one requires a little roadtrip) I jus't dont want to spill the beans...just yet... for fear of jinxing myself! :greengrin:

Okay then after that its done buying toys- the rest is going to bills :angry:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Some new purchases at PHF

Congrats on your sell....sounds like ..you can get alot accomplished...that is super great.... :thumbup:

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ

Awww.. You are so lucky! The money here would go to bills, then the good stuff....Err... I mean goat stuff.

4. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire

Okay now it is hard keeping up with the Jones. I dont have a mare to sell to get me a fancy buggy. I am jealous. But then again I will be having babies soon. :greengrin:

All kidding aside (no pun intended) Congrats on the new purchaces. Now I know I will have a show buddy this year :clap:

5. ProctorHillFarm

Keeping up with the Jones' :ROFL: PUHlease.....

Well travel plans are in place, we are leaving Tuesday morning bright and early, headed out to Niagra Falls area NY, and will be home at somepoint on Wed afternoon/evening with our new surprise.
    Lord help me, 14 hours in 2 days with a 22 month old in the car!!! :roll:

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

why do i get the feeling this surprise may have 4 legs

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

very cool! :clap: We have the same milking machine, you'll love it, its very nice :)

8. ProctorHillFarm

Re: Some new purchases at PHF- SECRETS OUT!

We are home!!!!!!

Crazy day of driving- left at 5 am- drove until 1 oclock to Niagra NY and got a chance to peek at the falls before meeting Cheryl Sugar around 1pm!!! Then we turned around and drove home because we were worried about the snow coming through in the morning- so we just got in around 11 pm!

Anyway!
    We purchased Cheryl Sugar's (Sugar Creek) semen tank from her, full of oh 400 or so straws!!!!

I am so excited I can't sit still- there are some AWESOME bucks collected and stored in that tank, MCH Goodwood Weisbaden, MCH Twin Creeks Baywatch, Sugar Creeks Sallys Nate, Sugar Creek VL Walkman (a show tunes son), Sugar Creek Pantomime, MCH Gay Mor Domino's Mantis, Sugar Creeks SS Storm Trooper, and a bunch of others!
    I have started making a page for the "bucks on ice" we now have, it is not finished, and some things need to be changed/moved/edited, but it gives you a better idea of just what we were able to purchase.
    http://www.proctorhill.com/bucksonice.htm

It was really nice to meet Cheryl, she was so nice, and it was fun to talk about the goats we have of hers now, that she bred.

Pretty much all of our does are already bred for this 2010, but next year it looks like we will be going the AI route for quite a few of our girls! :leap:

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

AWESOME!!!!!! so i was right.. its all stuff to make 4 legged surprises

10. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    So glad you made it home. Was wondering how you would get thru the storm. But then again what is a little more cold storage.
    Congrats and I cant wait to see what breeding time next year is like. You have some wonderful lines there and I can see some great things. Better start saving my money now. :tears: I think I may have to get that bigger place sooner than I thought.

11. ProctorHillFarm

Yeah getting up this morning and looking out the window, I am SO glad we turned around and came home last night too, though it was a lonnnng 15 hours in the car yesterday, my little man was an angel!! We were so blessed, he slept a good amount, and seemed to enjoy the sites, and the rest stops! I bought him a bunch of little goodies so when he started to get bored I would give him something new, just little things, but it worked!!

I cant wait to start using these genetics too!
    And it looks like I many not have to buy another buck for a long long time. (though I still see some that are very very tempting!)

Theres still more room in the tank, so I am considering collecting some of our bucks here too, especially our ARMCH Twin Creeks Luck of the Draw son who is going to be 5 next year and hasnt gotten a whole lot of use here yet, you just never know!

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How exciting. You will be having some very nice babies in 2011. NOT that you will not have beautiful babies in 2010. :cool:

13. dfsumner

dfsumner New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    "A 7X14 Enclosed Trailer- for our new goaty transportation mobile! It has a side door and a rear ramp as well as inside lighting and ventilation, so we plan to secure all the crates along the inside of the trailer, and be able to put our portable corrals on the other wall, and put a milkstand up front so I can milk the girls inside the trailer at shows! :leap:
    Just like this one: http://www.stauntontractor.com/pictures/1191433756A.jpg
    "

Daniel with another question :cool: Anyone else use a trailer like this to transport thier goats, I was think that you had to use a livestock type trailer. I've been thinking (sometimes i do that) about something along the same line. Using a small enclosed trailer and having windows and a ventialtion vent put in. I could put dog crates inside, along with shavings to collect the poop (sorry i mean nanny berries) and urine.

Daniel

14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That is awesome! Even I, know those lines! CONGRATS!!! :greengrin: :stars: