The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
Cute! I have a tophat rooster like your black ones! I also have a couple easter eggers. I sold most my grown hens, but I've got two of my easter eggers left, one lays blue eggs and the other green. I was trying to cut down, so of course my buff orp hen desides it's a good idea to start sitting. She was only sitting on one egg, a big green possible double yolker that I THOUGHT was infertle, but I checked the other day and it looks like some of the other hens have been slipping her their eggs, she's now got two more green eggs and 4 bantam eggs, and all (including the large egg) are developing!

· Registered
417 Posts
I bought the top hat straight run, I also got a white black crested chick, but something happened to that one (I think it was a roo too). I have also been trying to discourage the broodies, already had 5 this year (1st 4 were all on the same nest and hatched 22), the other hatched 15 (w/ alittle help, she left the nest after the first 9 hatched, I took the rest, and had to take the other chicks, she was not a great mom), I've already stopped this buff hen from setting once and one of the silkies, but this girl was determined, and I "thought" she only had one infertile egg, so I guess now I'm planning for more chicks, just what I need!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.