The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to do a lot of drawing, then I got out of it for a few years when I got busy and went full time in my taxidermy shop. Here is my most recent drawing that I did this year for my state's wildlife art and taxidermy show. It's been 7 years since I entered my first drawing in the show and I have finally worked up to accomplishing the top awards this year with this one. I was very happy to win first place in Masters division, best of show wildlife art, wildlife artist of the year and the Ned Smith award for this drawing. The pics after it are some of my older works.
I do all my drawings using real photos as reference to work from. If anyone has any ideas of what wildlife I should draw for next year's show, please share! I was thinking a wild goat of some sort,but help me be creative!

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
beautiful!!! very professional :fireworks:

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
:eek: Wow! Those are flawless drawings. My favorite is the deer, but the fox one is so cute :) I wish I could draw like that... Actually, I wish I was that talented in any area of my life!

·
Registered
110 Posts
They are awesome! Does it have to be wild life? An old barn with a goat or two near would be nice. If wild life. How about a old wooden dock, with pond, and small flock of ducks. Having the sunlight reflecting off the water. Just some thoughts. You are truly talented!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think drawing a picture of the wild horses on the beaches of the Outer Banks would be a cool idea!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Those are beautiful. How about a cave with mother and two cub bears in front of it.. I love all wild life.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My breed of goats was originally wild! They are called San Clemente island goats look them up on the web some time and there are some really beautiful photos if them on their island!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts