The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of my junior does from today. What do you think about them? What do you like and not like? Please be honest =)

Lost Valley MR Aisha born 3-15-08

Lost Valley EJ Catherine Willows born 12-23-07

CornerStone Farm STS Janna born 3-7-08

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Ok, I may be a little off since its 9:30 at night but here goes:

Catherine
Janna
Aisha

Catherine has great dairy character, general appearance, and is an all around nice looking so, every part of her fits with each other. She has a great rump angle, she has a nice smooth topline, very long, nice withers that blend smoothly into her neck. She places over Janna for her general appearance, but it was a hard choice.

Janna really has great general appearance and is a really 'look at me' doe. She is very long, angular, very sharp withers blending smoothly into her neck. Her rump angle appears to be a bit steep, although it appears flat. She is a pretty doe but doesn't seem as refined as Catherine. She places over Aisha for her maturity.

Aisha is a beautiful little doe, but at this age, her good points aren't as developed as they are with Janna and Catherine. Give her a couple months and I'm sure she'll do better than them. She is very long, already showing great dairy character and general apperance, she has a great rump angle from hips to pins, and a smooth topline. She has great width between the hocks and a very high and wide escutcheon, although her teat placement might be a little wide.

Overall, they are all very nice and it is hard to pit them against each other.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I like catherine better then janna as far as the dry yearlings go, catherine is more dairy and a more level topline and is more smootherly bledned, though i think she does grant a bit tighter shoulders to janna. I hate to put Aisha up agains the two older girls, but in a final line up i think if catherine and aisha had won their classes and janna was reserve i think aisha would beat janna for reserve i think i would have to put catherine in front for her maturity over aisha. I think aisha is going to give them both a good run for their money in coming years. She is a REALLY nice little doe kid.
beth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts