Some of my junior does. PLEASE tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Muddy Creek Farm, May 6, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Here are some of my junior does from today. What do you think about them? What do you like and not like? Please be honest =)

Lost Valley MR Aisha born 3-15-08

Lost Valley EJ Catherine Willows born 12-23-07

CornerStone Farm STS Janna born 3-7-08
  2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Ok, I may be a little off since its 9:30 at night but here goes:

Catherine has great dairy character, general appearance, and is an all around nice looking so, every part of her fits with each other. She has a great rump angle, she has a nice smooth topline, very long, nice withers that blend smoothly into her neck. She places over Janna for her general appearance, but it was a hard choice.

Janna really has great general appearance and is a really 'look at me' doe. She is very long, angular, very sharp withers blending smoothly into her neck. Her rump angle appears to be a bit steep, although it appears flat. She is a pretty doe but doesn't seem as refined as Catherine. She places over Aisha for her maturity.

Aisha is a beautiful little doe, but at this age, her good points aren't as developed as they are with Janna and Catherine. Give her a couple months and I'm sure she'll do better than them. She is very long, already showing great dairy character and general apperance, she has a great rump angle from hips to pins, and a smooth topline. She has great width between the hocks and a very high and wide escutcheon, although her teat placement might be a little wide.

Overall, they are all very nice and it is hard to pit them against each other.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks!!! I love them all :love:
  4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I like catherine better then janna as far as the dry yearlings go, catherine is more dairy and a more level topline and is more smootherly bledned, though i think she does grant a bit tighter shoulders to janna. I hate to put Aisha up agains the two older girls, but in a final line up i think if catherine and aisha had won their classes and janna was reserve i think aisha would beat janna for reserve i think i would have to put catherine in front for her maturity over aisha. I think aisha is going to give them both a good run for their money in coming years. She is a REALLY nice little doe kid.