Some one should've warned me!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Candy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Candy

Candy New Member

I just sold my very first kids. I cried when they left :cry: I feel like such an idiot. Bandit & Pete went to a wonderful home and will be 4-H guys---BUT---I feel like I sold my firstborn :shrug: You guys are probally :ROFL: ---I'm such a weiner!!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh i'm sorry! I remember when we had our first two kids,,,twin does. I kept them for probably 4 months, and I REALLY wanted to keep them, but I knew I got into goats knowing I had to sell the kids. It was kinda sad, but I knew they were going to a great home! Now I have no problem selling the kids. Each one is special, but I always make sure the homes they're going to are really great and some even keep in touch with me. Sounds like your little ones went to a great home! Hope you feel better, once you do it for a little while it gets better and soon becomes really fun! :hug:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to see you back Candy!! I know it was hard on you...their mommy's probably won't take it as hard...you know they went to a good home where they will be loved and cared for, you still have your girls to love on and help ease your heart :hug:

4. Candy

Candy New Member

Oh dear, the mommies are screaming their heads off. I took them out to browse and all they did was cry and hunt for their kids. Poor Lady, alias 'Madam', didn't have anybody to play with so she just is 'moping' around. :sigh:

I just remembered--today is our anniversary :roll:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Happy Anniversary!! The girls will be allright....at least mine are usually quiet after a few hours...they'll be fine.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    happy anniversary. Glad to see you back :D

It is always hard to sell the first ones --- the second ones ---- the third ones, seems like after that it gets better. But you always send a little bit of your heart out with the special ones.

:hug:

7. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i know how ya feel
    i was only gonna sell 4 out of 6 kids that were born this year and ended up selling 5
    1 is around state college pa which is about 3.5 hours away
    2 went about 5 min away
    2 went an hour away and will be 4H
    i kept my Angel tho
    someone wanted her and i just couldnt...

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, Candy, I hope your mommies are doing better....and Lady is back to herself, have you heard how the boys are doing yet?

9. Candy

Candy New Member

I just heard from the people that bought my 2 wethers. They said they are doing fine but are into everything. :GAAH: I just said 'welcome to the wonderful world of goats'. Jen said that they had no problems adjusting to the farm--they found out early that you don't mess with the chickens. The 2 got a bit to close and found out that chickens make strange noises and spread their wings--that is enough to send 2 kids running for their lives :ROFL:

They have learned to scale the boards of their pen in the barn and were having a ball just jumping from 1 bale of hay to the next. Needless to say, they are now 'fenced' in. Now I know how Liz felt when she knew how much fun and laughter the little ones brought to our lives.
    Candy :stars:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww, I'm so glad that they have adjusted!! You know they will be loved.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it is always great to hear that they are doing well in their new homes. I always try to assume no news is good news but to get confirmation of it is just super

12. Candy

Candy New Member

Stacy, I try to 'pay it forward'--when good things happen to me I try to give/pass it along to someone else. Liz gave me the joy of beautiful kids to play with and enjoy, to help grow and be healthy--I passed that joy along to 2 young 4H ers. I've asked that they, in turn, pass something special to someone else.

With my health it's hard for me to give to others, but little things I can do--I make bracelets with WWJD and give them to anyone that wants them. I tell people to always take 2--1 for themselves and one for a friend. It makes me feel good. :hug:
    Candy

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey thats a great idea. If I sit back and think of WWJD then I to end up doing the right thing. unfortunatly I dont always :sigh: But it certaily is somethign to attain